Gift Ideas?

tchartwick

I'm havin trouble thinkin of some gifts for the men in my family. everyone hunts and we always buy "hunting gifts". problem is evryone has the "basic" stuff. so my question is. does anyone have some ideas for a useful gift that the average hunter wouldnt already have?

Last edited:
Bug assault shotgun. It shoots salt. Hunters can stalk and shoot bugs in the off-season. I think there are several companies that sell similar products. I'll paste one of them below.

I like to receive gift certificates. I can put them together and get something of quality I been wanting. Since I like them I give them out. Unless someone I am buying for specifically mentions something they want in the price range I plan to spend on the gift i give a certificate. Some might say it's a cop out but hunting gear and items are highly specialized based on the user and best let them decide what the want or need.

Really depends on price. I like getting/giving everything from hand warmer packets, good knives, lightweight multi tools, non-gimmicky knife sharpening tools, lens cleaner tools cloths ( people don’t like buying them for themselves but use them if they have them ), neoprene scope covers, etc. I hate gimmicky crap or low quality gifts. I’d rather give/get gift cards than some cheap crap.

If you move up in price, outdoorsman bino stud, your favorite bino harness for someone who doesn’t have one already, high quality holsters made for their exact gun model, plinking ammo, steel targets, high quality first aid kits (more than a boo-boo box), etc. I’m sure I can think of more too.

If price isn't an issue, something cool would be to sign everyone up for wilderness first aid, swift water rescue, or some other kind of outdoor training together. If price is an issue, maybe you could offer to cover some percent of it or something. Good way to stay in touch, learn, and grow together as a family

Things can change on a dime:

Get them something that's not mass produced that not everybody can run to the store and buy. If price point allows something custom or handmade, one of a kind tool that is useful, custom rifle, handmade boots/moccasins, custom knife, handmade something or other. If that's too pricey, have something personalized with simple engraving,etching,,stitching. For me the thought that goes into the gift means just as much as the usefulness.

Picked myself up a Spartan Javelin Pro Hunt bipod. A bit pricey, but I like it so far. If hunting in a group, I would buy one bipod and then get adapters for everyone else. Also, for half the price they make a Javelin Lite. It doesn’t have leg height adjustment though.

I'm havin trouble thinkin of some gifts for the men in my family. everyone hunts and we always buy "hunting gifts". problem is evryone has the "basic" stuff. so my question is. does anyone have some ideas for a useful gift that the average hunter wouldnt already have?
Just got a traditions buck stalker xt from www.muzzle-loaders.com. Shoots accurate right out the box and took a 80 yard shot and buck went straight down. I’d of been happy getting that as a gift! Plan to buy one for each of my kids too.

Gift card from your state’s Fish and Game Dept to cover the cost of a license .

I guess the question is how much do you want to spend on each person? If it is on the best bang for your buck here are a few ideas.
Engraved rifle/pistol brass from @p_ham.
Good light weight game bags.
A picture from a hunt together in a nice frame or have it blown up on a canvass style piece.
Their favorite dehydrated backcountry meal.
Good merino wool socks.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back