Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Gift Ideas?

Books, quality knives, good calls, and ammo are our go to gifts for hunters in my family.

Game cookbooks, headlamps, knives, KNIFE SHARPENING SYSTEM, wool beanies, good gloves, wool socks, merino base layers...

One year around Christmas I was walking through a local sporting goods store with my wife. As we walked past the knife display, I pointed out a really nice knife I would like to have. She looked at me and said, "Don't you think you have enough knives?" I felt just like Ralphie when he told his mom he wanted a Red Rider BB Gun for Christmas.

Agree that ammo can never be a bad gift. Spend as little or as much as you'd like. And its "personal" if you know their calibers. Or 6.5cm for the in-law you dont like haha

I love getting all the consumable stuff and/or the nice things I won’t spend money on…

Merino socks and underwear
Havalon blades/ gerber
Dehydrated meals
New headlamp
Powder
Shells
Running shoes
Boot wax

Procompression Merino socks (these are the absolute best, have tried Smartwool and others)
Peax backcountry duo headlamp (or one of the other brands that have same design) you can buy 81650 lithium batteries cheap online and they last a long time, super duper bright
Billet Aluminum fuel nozzle that fits the race style gas cans...just got mine today super happy with it - https://ai13.us/collections/best-sellers/products/all-metal-race-nozzle

I love getting all the consumable stuff and/or the nice things I won’t spend money on…

Merino socks and underwear
Havalon blades/ gerber
Dehydrated meals
New headlamp
Powder
Shells
Running shoes
Boot wax
That is a good list- my list, I would add
Ammo wallet
Bullets as my wife calls them bullet bullets
Camp shoes
Gloves and hats
Drop table labels
Onx chips

I'm havin trouble thinkin of some gifts for the men in my family. everyone hunts and we always buy "hunting gifts". problem is evryone has the "basic" stuff. so my question is. does anyone have some ideas for a useful gift that the average hunter wouldnt already have?
price limit? Fun Gadgety stuff? Or more like basic survival?
Books - lots of good books.
Survival Cards like the Readyman.
I love going to a local 'trading post' that sells alot of locally made soaps, candy, snacks, coffee, knives, fire starters, key chains with local antler etc.
I like to give quality strops for knives with sharpener or just the leather.
MSR Groundhog Tent Stakes.
The new Flextail Air Mattress Pump.
Flasks.
Something like the HotLips for your titanium cups if you use those.
You can go up to high end gear too - solar panels (Dark Energy has a new one/GoalZero/etc)
Truck Supplies for the hunter - comealong and rope with snatchblocks.
nice wool hat and glove - or not so nice ones so they don't feel bad using them.
Good Socks isn't a bad idea either.

I asked for some gloves that worked on a touch screen and a blaze orange lid for my SG pack as well.

Bug assault shotgun. It shoots salt. Hunters can stalk and shoot bugs in the off-season. I think there are several companies that sell similar products. I'll paste one of them below.
Agreed. Raw sugar acts like buck shot on those big ass flies! 😉

i asked for a pair of beartooths from the wife.

also need a SG Krux Frame - if anyone has a lightly used medium for a steal hit me up

need a new range finder

obviously the family nor wife is gonna buy all that for me, but good to throw it out there so the wife knows what's needed in the hunting dept.

always like getting bottles of whiskey that i've never tried

i ask for a gift/variety set of flatiron pepper company flakes every christmas - stuff is expensive but oh so good for my cooking

I snagged a few ammo wallets, pockets to go on bino harnesses, stock packs to go on rifles to give to family this year. They have been a hit so far.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back