GIANT public land elk (in Montana)

I love this one..
The reason I got that elk more than anything else was my guide and I were walking farther from the roads ummm, before daylight than anybody else and we were getting into the heart of the country. We were just working harder at it than anybody else.

He's a great writer, bow-hunter, and has done much to promote the sport of bow-hunting. No doubt Chuck Adams sells. But he definitely thinks his audience is really dumb! Maybe he's right. I'm sure he's laughing his way to the bank or his next hunt for giant bull elk.

Last edited:
Well I'll admit I didn't read everything but after comments like that knowing that they weren't hunting accessible public lands makes you want to puke. One thing I don't understand about these celebrity hunters is why most of them can't be humble. They truely think they are the greatest hunters of all time. There are certainly mountains of hunters out there that aren't celebs but could hunt circles around 90% of them.

When we filmed the bear hunt or any of the other hunts you get asked interview questions. On the bear hunt during some interview questions about bears they asked me how I learned about hunting bears. I had the opportunity to sit there and say "well afters years of trial and error and going out on my own and sleeping with the bears ect"..... I could of said anything that made me look like the "bear king". The reality is that a friend got me into it and taught me a whole lot. Then I did go out and learn and continue to learn how to hunt them better. I didn't want him or even some of you to think that this guy is tooting his horn about how good he is. I gave credit were credit was due. There's no need to pretend to be a hunting God. There's always someone better and more knowledgeable than each of us out there in anything we do in life. Anyway I'm rambling. Chuck is still an incredible archer but hopefully isn't making stuff up for the sake of having material for interviews or an article.

Some times people really puff their chest and stretch their necks holding their heads above others. Some guys have to have some one say "wow you are so good at bla bla bla".

Keith excels at a lot of things in hunting, but Chuck Adams has more P&Y animals than anyone ever. He was the first to get the Super Slam with the bow also, I believe.

Keith's shows are at his web page for viewing. www.keithwarren.net

Attachments

• Keith-Warren-Best-Show-Host-Award.jpg
    Keith-Warren-Best-Show-Host-Award.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 568
Tom:

Is that link there for some good reason that relates to non-guided hunting? Or just a show you enjoy watching?

Not that it really matters to me, just wondering the context in which you were posting it.

Some times people really puff their chest and stretch their necks holding their heads above others. Some guys have to have some one say "wow you are so good at bla bla bla".

DUDE , I take Offence !!!! I'm very good at Bla Bla Bla ............ ;)

I live in ohio and it is true most guys think chuck is fantastic. Well I met him at a show a few years ago and got into quit a heated arguement about his records and so on and I opened quit a few other eyes to. He stopped and left the booth soon after. I ever wrote an e-mail to M.R. James of bowhunter mag. stating the the same and the responce was he is just great to put it mildly. I beleive he is hurting our sport. Most of us cant spend over 10 grand on hunts and pursue world records. Just to add my 2cents from the east.

Those fines are a joke. It will be interesting to see if there are further repercussions for Mr. Warren down the road from either Outdoor Channel, his sponsors or even the FCC.

It isn't enough that he was breaking the law (under the close personal supervision of the outfitter, of course :rolleyes:) but that he was promoting others to do the same by broadcasting that method. Like it or not, when you produce television shows and such, you have a responsibility to the public who "owns" the airwaves.

The onus is on you (and you alone) to make sure what you're showing is correct, legal, etc. Those are definable things and they come with the territory of making tv. Or at least they should. Ethics is a much finer line of course since it varies from person to person. I don't know how you could do this and not think you're not cheating the animals--seems pretty far out of the Fair Chase stream to me.

Obviously this was a mistake on his part as he wouldn't knowingly break the law and then advertise it to the watching public (I assume) but you can't think you are doing something legally when it comes to public trusts, you have to know it.

I watched "Hunting the World Southern Syle" a couple of months ago. The program was filmed in Montana, and the host was sitting over a water hole laced with salt, It had a game camera on the tree, as the elk sniffed the tree the doof shot him. I think they said he lost the elk. I turned this in to a warden, but I don't think it went anywhere.

after he killed his bull, he brought out 3 big duffel bags full of stuff and would change clothes, take pictures, then change clothes, re-position the elk and take more pictures.

Come on.... Give the guy a break, I don't kill moster Chit and I still do that :D :D :D

I watched "Hunting the World Southern Syle" a couple of months ago. The program was filmed in Montana, and the host was sitting over a water hole laced with salt, It had a game camera on the tree, as the elk sniffed the tree the doof shot him. I think they said he lost the elk. I turned this in to a warden, but I don't think it went anywhere.

Saw the same episode. Did you notice later in the show, they have footage of a bull with about an 8" piece of arrow right underneath the skin, running parallel with the body?

They also showed a clip of that elk as though it was a different elk in the beginning of the show. It was portrayed as if it was a different set up. I told my son, "Look that elk has an arrow just underneath the skin."

Later in the show, you find out how the arrow got there, but no mention is made about the hunter being the manner in which it got there.

I really hate that show. I wasn't watching it on purpose, just flipped there to see what was on. I missed all the rest. The warden was going to order the video of the episode. Talk about incriminate yourself.

You'd think that with three duffel bags of clothes, Chuck Adams could find a better looking hat than the one he always seems to have on in his pictures.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mallardman1911
Back