Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Getting to know each other

I'm 26 and live in Minot, ND. I grew up about an hour west of there in Stanley, which is in the dead center of the Bakken oil boom. Which, by the way i absolutely hate, even though my family has some mineral acres. It is absolutely destroying the countryside and will never be the same. I'll leave it at that.
I am an airline pilot for a regional airline and work out of Minneapolis. I really don't like my job as it is boring and I am gone WAY too much. I am away from home a minimum of 15 days a month. Luckily I just married a great gal and shes going to be a doctor so i will probably quit my job in a few years. We will probably be moving out to eastern Michigan this summer for 4 years. Once we get out there, if anyone wants to come out and fish the Great Lakes with me, send me a pm!
I grew up hunting with my grandpa, hunting almost every day of the fall chasing ducks and geese. I also bowhunt deer at every chance I get. I also spent probably an average of at least 30 days fishing in the summer when I was growing up and also love to icefish.
I am just starting the game of building points and am applying in 5 different states this year. Can't wait until i can start getting some quality tags! I love this site and hopefully ill be able to meet some of you guys in the future.

I'm a 44 year old I/T guy married for 23 years to one of the best women on the planet with two kids, boy(20) and a girl(16) and live for hunting season, just ask my wife. Come Sept. she knows she will not see much of me and let's me hunt nearly 90 days in a row.

I have lived in MN my entire life and been hunting since I was 14 with the last 9 years archery only. I have hunted out of state a few times for deer in ND and I'm still working on more adventures out of state in the near future.

I'm a 19 year old college student going for diesel mechanics, almost though my first year now. I grew up in SE MN and been here my whole life. Mostly been deer hunting and phesant in the area here, but once i get outta school i want to get more out of state hunting under my belt. Always been in love with the outdoors and tagged along with my dad, grandpa and uncles deer hunting before i could carry a gun. School makes it tough now to put in for tags but another year and i'll have alot more flexibilty once i'm out working.

Larry, here. 62 years of *experience* under my belt, married 32 years and two lovely daughters. Did my stint in the AF 68-72 (C-130 maintenance), SE Asia, So and Central America. Transplanted from MT to Idaho when I was 6 due to dad losing his shirt cattle ranching. Grew up hunting and trapping with dad until marriage and kids took care of that. Work for an engineering firm doing digital imaging and hardcopy production work.

I'm 47 and have been in NC all my life.Married for almost 19 years to a wonderful lady and we have 3 great kids,one of which has taken up my hunting passion,getting her first buck at age 9.Work in the financial world but am blessed with alot of time off to pursue game here in NC and out west.I think that some of the greatest hunting I have enjoyed has been in Mt. and Wy.Luckily I am able to do that at least every other year that I can draw those tags.When I have to stay in NC,we hunt deer and small game and some trapping and really good fishing for striped bass,or "rockfish" as they are called here.I am fortunate to hunt deer on land that has been in my family since before the Revolutionary War,and we still take a few whitetails off there each season.Thanks for all the posts,this is a great site.

Randy here, I'm a 44 year old recently retired police officer. Lucky to be retired at my age, but I don't intend to quit working just want to do something different. I actually recently bought a woodmizer sawmill and plan to give that a try for a while. I have a wonderful wife of 20 years and three teenage daughters. (I am not sure what I did to deserve all that but....) I grew up in upstate NY on a dairy farm and have always enjoyed hunting anything that walks or flys, I also enjoy trapping and fishing. Me and my hunting buddies have travelled to Idaho every other year for the last ten years hunting elk. We don't always score but look at the trip as a camping trip and any elk are a bonus. Anyone interested in some Adirondack whitetail hunting or some excellent goose hunting send me a pm, maybe we could work something out. This is an excellent site but all the photos make me jealous.

I'm 26, married with a 14 month old baby girl. Been married for about 4 years and luckily she doesn't mind me hunting and the cost that goes along with it.

I live in MT and have lived here the most of my life. I work in the oilfield industry and travel (mostly around the midwest) a lot due to my job.

I love to hunt, fish, camping and just get outdoors. I took up bow hunting about 3 years ago and I have yet to kill anything bow hunting, but been practicing all that time so hopefully I'll be ready when the opportunity is there. I hunt mule deer, elk, and have yet to take a whitetail but hope to soon. I'll be heading to South Dakota for an archery hunt this year also; maybe I'll get my whitey there.

That’s really about it. Thanks every else for sharing. John, great thread. Hopefully someday I'll get to meet some of you guys on here, and maybe soon we'll get that hunt together John proposed earlier.

i am 56 and retired and lovn life. i really enjoy reading all the post on here. get some great ideas as i plan for up coming hunts. 2 more weeks and i will be able to see how my new hip is going to work out. the fish are getting in the river and the gobblers will be gobbelin soon. good luck to all.

I'm 56 as well. Grew up in Utah, graduated from the U School of Pharmacy in 1978 and moved to Boise in 1980 and been here ever since. I worked the big chain, retail end of pharmacy until about 10 years ago when it was either shoot myself or find another job. I was approached by a small independent pharmacy that was looking to expand it's long term care business so I took a chance and it's been a good move for both of us. Kind of like a " high fence, boxed hunt" vs OYOA thing. We service nursing homes, assisted living and mental health agencies( I fit right in there).
I have 5 kids of my own and 2 step kids scattered all over the country and 8 grandsons and one very spoiled granddaughter.
I love to hunt and fish. Mostly bowhunt but am getting more into rifle hunting. I hunt mostly with my wife. I wanted to get back into bowhunting but did not have anybody to go with so my wife decided to start shooting so I'd have someone to go with. She loved shooting so she wanted to try hunting and loved that too. She shot her first deer this year and now she'd hooked( and I can buy just about anything "we" need to go. Love this site for the info and stories.

52 years young, single & a Veterinarian. Born in Pennsylvania, into a redneck deer huntin' family. Back then it was all about killing something and filling the freezer. I now live in Iowa and love the big deer and turkey hunting in this area.

As I grew older it became about the hunt thus: "It's the hunt, not the kill"

Love bow hunting and getting a little back into the rifle as I age. Do lots of bird hunting.

One last item: because I'm not married I get to hunt when and where I want to and no one gets to tell me how to spend my money.

good luck to all
the dog

I am 59 and enjoy any kind of hunting. I was born and raised in FL (back when FL was a great hunting state) deer and quail hunting. In the army during the Vietnam war in Washington,DC. Moved to KS, went to veterinary school. Have lived in Wisconsin, Nebraska, New Mexico, Texas and now back to KS. My passion is coyote calling but I hunt anything that's in season. Have been to Colorado several times for elk (no luck yet). I have a wonderful wife who's also a veterinarian. One son (34 yo) that hunts and fishes in North Carolina. I have two daughters-21 and 17 yo. A few years ago my oldest daughter killed a nice KS buck with one shot from my 25-06 at about 175 yards, a proud moment. She is in college now and says that she wants to be in the CIA so that she can wear nice clothes and carry a gun.

" One last item: because I'm not married I get to hunt when and where I want to and no one gets to tell me how to spend my money. "

Roger that Dog !! :D

I was born and raised in the great State of Idaho. I am 28 years old-Have lived in about every corner of the state and love it. I too have the best wife in the world and 2 great girls. I worked for the State in the past and now own my own Wildlife Management and Removal business in Boise. Love to hunt and fish with many friends and family members. My favorite thing to hunt is Waterfowl but also love chasing elk with the stick and bow.

I'm 25 and a lifelong resident of Illinois. No, not Chicago, corn country! I've a wife of almost 3 years and a baby daughter born this past Jan.

I 've for hunting and fishing. I'm mostly a whitetail hunter, but have also taken antelope, mule deer, and javelina. I am absolutely addicted to deer, but also Western hunting.

I graduated from Bradley University in Peoria, IL a few years ago with a degree in business, and work for the family business.

I am primarily a bow hunter, but gun hunt as well. This year I killed my biggest whitetail, an 8 pointer scoring 161 5/8. I have a trip to WY for antelope and mulies planned for October and elk is the plan for next year.

Thanks much to all here that have served!

BTW...I really like this site. Lots of good info here!

I'm a 36 year old father of 3 girls (12, 10 and 4). I work in the animal feed business, and in the space of the day I; Formulate rations, Outside sales, Inside sales, Retail management, Computer IT, Human Resources, Logistics, etc. I wear many different hats. But it allows me to live outside of my hometown in Northern California. I'm still married to the mother of our children, who started out as my biology lab partner at the University of Idaho last Century (1992-1997).

I'll hunt Wyoming for the 6th year this next fall, and my ultimate goal is to kill an elk in each of the 11 Western States. So far I have 3 states down. OR, CA, WY. I bowhunt when possible, and rifle hunt when necessary. My 68 year old father is my annual hunting partner with bangsticks, and I'm taking advantage of that while I can and he can.

I'm a P&Y and CBH measurer and I find bowhunters seem to share more of the same values that I do. I'm happiest in the fall in the mountain back country and mounted on a good horse. In the rest of the year I train by trail running, much to the amazement of real runners.

I write about my adventures in a blog called Western Wanderer on the Skinny Moose media network. Occasionally a magazine will publish a picture or article of mine. I have also been known to write and recite cowboy poetry.

I'm 57. Great wife for 34 years. Four great children and just got my first grandchild on 2/13.:) Going to Long Beach over Easter to see her.
Worked 10 years in Dravo shipyard before going into machineshop business in 77. Sold it to my brother last November and have been living the good life since.
Hunted and fished all over the place. Favorite spots for fishing,Cabo,Hatteras and Lake Ontario. Hunting Colorado Wyoming and West Virginia.

Gunner said

" One last item: because I'm not married I get to hunt when and where I want to and no one gets to tell me how to spend my money. "
Roger that Dog !!

Wife never went hunting with me and only went fishing cause I needed someone to drive the boat.
Was in Negril Jamica last month and leaving for Playa del Carman in 2 weeks.
Without the wife.She's working.

You guys married the wrong kinda woman.

Theres definatly women out there who dont enjoy the outdoors, but like alot here I didnt marry one. My wife was a taxidermist for 12 years or so. She cant do it anymore so now she just takes care of the little crapper. She loves hunting and used to be my main hunting partner. Shes bummed cuz she wanted to get into bow hunting but she wont be able to do that anymore and her days of shooting a rifle are limited. So now she wants to get one of those danged contraptions called a crossbow.

Heck if it keeps her interested, I'll buy her 2. Oh and she has a medical issue that limits her, but shes the best all teh same.

PA...Why buy a Lifetime liscense and hunt the same arceage over & over, when you can spent the same money, not be locked into any land lease, and give your best shot at grabbing a Tag to the Happy Hunting Ground !!!

Born & Raised in Central Wisconsin.... Cheese head by nature. Lived in the burbs of Dallas for 2 years from 1997-99 (job sent me there & back).

I've been a slave for 22 years at a Mfg company in Wausau, WI that makes pressure sensitive paper (sticky paper). I'm currently the Head Production Scheduler.

We also own a part time fishing jig business that my parents help out with for their retirement hobby...

Just turned 42 yo, married for soon to be 11 years. My best accomplishment is my 10 year old daughter, our only child.

I'll only admit to hunting since I could legally kill stuff... 35 years or so..;)

My passion is bowhunting - I once had a serious addiction, now I'm just a serious addict with a family and other responsibilities that tend to get in the way.....:D

We own 80 acres of wooded paradise... they can bury me here some day.

I like hanging out here on HT, there a some good folks that can make the day go by quick (except when I laugh so hard I poop myself...) I like to joke around so don't take me seriously.... or else ..:eek:

I am 29, Live in the Big Sky area with my awesome wife and 3 year old son and hunting partner. I work for a custom home builder and am co-owner of a new decoy company. I get my passion for the outdoors from my father whom as been gone for 12 years now. He was a great teacher and I am enjoying sharing the joy of the outdoors with my son. We had our first successful hunt this year. My wife is super supportive and I thanks her everyday for that.

Thanks to all the Vets on here...

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adscarpernter
Back