getting him ready

JB

Protector of Innocent Idiots
some of you may remember this pic of my youngest son Jeb. Here he is at 5 yrs old picking out his first rifle. We slaped on a scope that came off of my Grandfathers 300 savage. I think ol Pop would of liked that.

1108061907.jpg

now, here he is a year later sportin a fruit-punch stash and ready to go.
Had to give him a year to grow into the chipmonk 22 mag.. ....at the time of the purchase his gun handling skills still needed some work and the gun didnt fit him yet. We would work on it periodically...my first and most important lesson with him is safety...to always point the gun in a safe direction and check if it was loaded every time he picks up a gun. Even as we get into actual shooting the lesson of gun control still gets drilled in. Im very proud of him and his progress over the last year.

0419081848.jpg

the boy can shoot!
after sighting it in for him.
I set him up at thirty yards, first he shot at see-um targets....we set up some plastic bottles filled with water (he likes when the blow up.) after some work with him he was dead on. at forty yards he shot a old shotgun shell twice, I thought he got lucky the first time so I had him do it again....same result, shot shell gets blasted. I moved him out to 50 yards and pretty much the same results......Next weekend will be at 100 yards. He cant wait!
here is a pic of him getting comfortable....not loaded, just getting familiar with what he wants to do.

0419081850.jpg

here he is at three...This year it might be him holding the rack.
File0003.jpg

Good looking boy there James...

Even with the coolaid mustache, he still has the stance of a sniper...

I hope it is he who will be sitting next to a great buck... :)

Way Cool JB. Keep up the good work.

Before you know it, he will be 18 and heading off to college. Something I am about to experience next month. Damn, where did that time go?

When it is all said and done, and you push aside all the artificial expectations of this crazy world, the only real important thing is; you and him, and all the times you spend together doing the things you enjoy.

Gotta love those pics! :)

Congrats on gettin him off to a good start! I'll probably be asking for pointers in about 4yrs when my son's that age!

PS- Nice buck!

How does he feel about having a homo for a dad?

he's pretty pissed about that.

Nice pic my oldest boy got the typical Red ryder BB gun for christmas this year. Gotta start somewhere:D
at least He's not like his father.......Did your Dad ever get over your first Christmas list, where you asked for nailpolish and a Easy-Bake Oven? :D

we Had some fun with BB guns also... but he loves shooting the 22chipmonk, also fits him better than a BB gun.

Nice pics JB...trash bags reminds me of a movei we watched this weekend- "Disturbia" ...thos aren't the next door neighbors you're using for a rest are they :eek:;)

...boys getting big, couple of more years and he'll be holding a different kind of rack :D

Back