Get ya some of that wilkes turf

How many millions of dollars have been spent/raised this winter by hunters at expos, conventions and trade shows ? Imagine if the target of that was to just acquire big chunks of land and turn it over to a public agency? I’m sure a couple ultra rich hunters could do it instead of buying up fancy tags and hunts for a year. Won’t happen though; doing something to benefit everyone isn’t as cool as putting a few more critters in a trophy room

Going by the “ gold standard “ us nonresidents only need to come up with 15 million. No sweat. A bridge loan and two years of fund raising we will have it. I am in

I can’t speak for the other 135 million though ..might be a little harder sell.

Last edited:
How many millions of dollars have been spent/raised this winter by hunters at expos, conventions and trade shows ? Imagine if the target of that was to just acquire big chunks of land and turn it over to a public agency? I’m sure a couple ultra rich hunters could do it instead of buying up fancy tags and hunts for a year. Won’t happen though; doing something to benefit everyone isn’t as cool as putting a few more critters in a trophy room
That infringement of bragin' rights is just outlandish. Those expos are gonna help them all get wall hangers.

They sold one of their ranches in central MT to a Russian oligarch just prior to the invasion of Ukraine. I know a couple ranchers that live nearby and they are not too happy about it.
It can’t be seized by the .gov asshats? Sounds like it is public ground now already?

Back