Geezerhood Elk

As I rapidly approach 50, you are giving me fresh hope. I'll try to remember packing elk as cure for gout! Congratulations. That bull is an accomplishment.

Man, it is awesome to see older guys like you still getting out and hunting elk! Gives me hope for when I crest the hill!

That's a very nice bull.
Never thought 50 would be considered old but I guess it depends on your point of view.
At 53 I fugure I still have about 20 years of hard hunting left and quite a bit more of the easier stuff like antelope.

Those mountains are hard hunting but turn into brutal hunting if you are dumb enough to pull the trigger. Over the next 4 days I did a bit of second guessing on my decision to shoot but I got a bit excited when he came by at 40 yards screaming his head off checking his girls' butts. But I went there to test myself... mission accomplished there. The Mrs. doesn't want me to go there alone again, guess I shouldn't have told her all the details.

I came out of there in the 80's and wrung blood out of my socks, swore never again, but yet I still go back, amazing what a winter to heal up will do for your 'tude.

there is no better feeling than taking off that pack after all the meat and antlers are off the mountain, it was you verse the mountain and the mighty wapiti and you won! Good job

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back