Geese W/ Bow

I have taken 4 geese with my bow. I will not tell you how many arrows were flung or how many were lost.

The golf course hunting is in the gray area some local governments. By definition most cities do not allow a shot gun or rifle to be used to hunt within the city limits. Buy definition a shotgun or rifle uses a chemical reaction and gas to propel the projectile at the target. If you do not fart or breath during the shooting of the arrow you should be fine.

One tip, use a judo point when shooting a goose or duck. The arrow does not go all the way through the animal (usually) and it pounds the animal so hard it dies instantly. The other option is to use a broad head with a spider or 1 inch washer behind it. This provides some major stopping power.

TheHunt

Another good way to get those golf course geese would be to get them drunk. That's an old poachers trick the hillbillies I grew up with used.

" Migratory game birds may not be taken with......... poison, drug, explosive or stupefying substance."

Does booze count?
biggrin.gif

Poached Geese? Hmmm.....

I always Poach Salmon, but I usually use a bit of White Wine, fresh Lemon juice, and water. Then served with Asparagus and a bit of new red potatoes.

This thread is great. On can learn about Golf and Cooking....
rolleyes.gif

That was a good one elkgun
biggrin.gif

Ithica, oh I beleive you that it can be done, but like 2fast said, how come you know so much about poachin???
Let me guess, it was thoes same hillbillys???
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 05-29-2003 18:42: Message edited by: BlackTimber ]</font>

Black. and 2fast., the hillbillys I hunted with ever since I was a little kid knew every trick there is for getting game. They hunted, fished and trapped every day all year long. Getting geese drunk was real common, so was trapping them, snaring them, catching them, using live decoys for them, and they even hunted them legally when they felt like it.

A couple of my best buddies were the main hunters and fishermen for one clan and in addition to everything else they did, they'd go out one nite every two weeks and get ten deer to distribute to the other families.

All that was a long time ago.
biggrin.gif

I'd be all up for hunting geese with a bow on golf courses. Keep us posted! We could get a UT goose sticking get-together planned.

I did kill a few geese with my bow back in high school. Too many at a local subdivision. I'd shoot them and my friends would finish them off with golf clubs.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back