Yeti GOBOX Collection

Gear Discounts

6speed

Not sure if everyone knows about this site but if you go to ProMotive and qualify for a team you can get some great deals on stuff. I think you just fill out an app for a team you think you may qualify for and they review it. I joined two teams and got turned down for another. The stuff you can get depends on the team you join.

I got a screaming deal on a tent. In fact it should be on my front step when I get home.

I've ordered an Eberlestock pack, some hiking shoes, a book bag and I'm looking to get another headlamp. If I needed any more knives it would be great. I figure I'll get a new pack tent and perhaps a sleeping mat and a crazy creek chair before next fall. Leopold has a great deal on spotting scopes as well so one of them is on the list. I may even grab a new pair of bino's if the price is right. I keep waiting for a special but they haven't done one for Leopold that I know of.

I don't know what all teams they have I think there are over a thousand.

How about starting a Hunttalk Team?

How about if Hunt Talk started an online gear store?

Really, sponsors are asking us to start doing that. I am really not that enthused about becoming an E-commerce retailer, but it might be a requirement to stay competitive in the sponsorship world.

Good idea or bad idea?

Lots of articles and video showing what we use, how we use, and links where you can just add it to your cart. Best prices possible. No sales tax.

If you would have asked me that 6 months ago, I would have laughed. But after ATA and SHOT, it seems like the trail could lead us there.

Need to find a good fulfillment group that can make my life much easier. Or, just hire a host who can attract sponsors better than I can.

It would definitely be nice to buy from someone like yourself, who uses the product and would give a realistic account of how well it works!! I am all for it!

When I watch the outdoor shows, I sure get tired of the hosts telling us how good everything they use is just because they get paid to use it. I think a 3 year old can make a better elk sound than half the calls they say are so great. That is why I think it would work if Big Fin were to do an e-store. He has proven he uses things that work, not what he gets paid for. I would trust anything he sells way more than any of the others.

Fin-

I don't know if it would hurt. If OYOA sponsors are wanting to provide a discounted price to Hunt Talk members, I'm sure all would appreciate it.

One way to stay out of the sales business, would be to have the sponsor provide a "Hunt Talk discount code" that could be used either on their website or by calling them directly.

Another forum I participate in (not hunt related) does it that way. They have several vendors lined up that give anywhere b/n a 10-20% discount. You either call the vendor and say "I am a member of" to get the discount, or some have provided an on-line code for members. I have saved hundreds that way.

Just don't let too many sponsor make you "show" or talk about their product on your show! You know what that leads to.

Funny you guys say that. It is for that reason, our commitment to using good products, that sponsors think our show has such great product integration.

Yeah, we do need to get paid somewhere along the way to pay the bills, but that is not the primary reason we go with a certain product. If it was, this show would have been sold out a long time ago, and you guys would have tossed me to the curb for all the pimping that is requested by many of these companies.

Like I have said many times, the criteria for us is:

a. Do they support the On Your Own hunter and our lifestyle?
b. Is the product able to hold up to the abuse we put it through?
c. Is it a good value - in other words, not necessarily the most expensive, but the best cost to performance intersection?
d. If possible, is it American made or an American company?
e. Will they pay us a fair price?

Show sponsors have two show platform options.

1. A celebrity, or other pretty face, who pitches a product they never use. Since they cannot use product integration and product abuse as a selling pitch, they have to turn the show into an infomercial, insulting the intelligence of the viewer, and in the process, reducing show quality by a large degree. Or, at least reducing quality in my unprofessional opinion.

2. A show with average looking hunters on above average hunts, who have no connection to the celebrity life, but who beat the hell out of products. Who use all kinds of good products, even if they don't get paid for it. Viewers know if the guys in this show use it, it will work. That gives a high level of product integration, reduces any need for an infomercial, and keeps production quality high.

Unfortunately, almost all shows follow option 1. But, the hard work we have been putting into this seem so to be getting noticed by sponsors and I think option 2 is going to start getting more attention.

As far as member discounts, they are not too keen on that, as it trains buyers to wait for discounts, hurting the margins they need to stay in business. Some people have trained their customers to expect discounts, so they have raised their entire price structure to compensate for it.

Not saying that won't happen, and we did that with a few thing the first summer

Need to get some of these sponsor deals signed. These verbal commitments are comforting, but until it is in writing, I am not talking about it.

Just put in for the Military team.....don't have my hopes up...but they have deals on a TON of cool stuff!

They don't have Mystery Ranch....but I'm really pretty....Fin what do ya' say about spot on the show? Yeah, it's prolly best you don't...just make you look badl....I'm really easy on the eyes!

They don't carry Mystery Ranch Packs but they do have a Mystery Ranch Team. It would be great if there was a place like ProMotive that was more geared towards hunters. A lot of the companies I can get deals on don't appeal to me in the slightest. Some are even known to be against hunting so I never clicked on their icon to see what discounts they offered.

A Hunt Talk team would be good but I don't know what it would take. I know on one of the old forums I used to post to they would do group buys. That way the retailer would sell a lot of product and each individual would get a good deal. It was a win win but I don't know what went on behind the scenes.

An OYOA store would be great and I would be more than happy to buy from them as long as prices were comparative.

How about if Hunt Talk started an online gear store?

Go for it.

I also have got used to the ads everyone bitched about when you first put them up. Not only got used to them, but I actually visit the sites now and then.

I think someone has the wrong idea of what promotive is.

As I understood it, promotive is for people who work in an industry and and would normally get a discount on a certain type of gear. It just streamlines the process.

It is not a site for the average joe to just log on to and start getting discounts from, in fact, from what I have seen of the site, most people would have to lie to get on a team.

I've been using promotive for a year or so, but that is because I work in the fly fishing industry.

I think someone has the wrong idea of what promotive is.

As I understood it, promotive is for people who work in an industry and and would normally get a discount on a certain type of gear. It just streamlines the process.

It is not a site for the average joe to just log on to and start getting discounts from, in fact, from what I have seen of the site, most people would have to lie to get on a team.

I've been using promotive for a year or so, but that is because I work in the fly fishing industry.

This was my exact thought of the site. It is for employees of related outdoor gear. As I found only one backpack company on the site. Kinda makes senses what the site is about.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbonser94
Back