Game cart ideas

elkdiesel

Im looking to build a game cart. Does anyone have a good source for wheels? I would like a metal spoked wheel and a solid rubber tire. Also if anyone has some good design ideas those would be appreciated as well.

Maybe with ski attachments!:D
100_1229.jpg

Your local bike shop should be able to hook you up with some solid rubber tires. I've heard that nothing beats a wheeler or a snow machine in the middle of the night in wilderness...not sure how legal that one is but the idea sure stirs the pot.:)

After watching someone running down a steep hill with a cart in hot pursuit I would recommend a brake.

Doesn't help with the horns, but look into buying an old kayak. You can fill it with meat, throw a spray skirt on, and toss it down the hill. Works well in dry or snowy conditions.

find an old kids bike trailer that you can pull children in...the wheels and tires come off very easily. Yes I have past experience. they work really well.

I swear this year I have to get pictures of a game cart that some good old boys I know have built. It is amazing. Metal frame with a web woven basket. Here is the kicker....................full motor with gas and brake. They carry extra gas in 20oz pop bottles stuffed in the fanny packs.

Although getting more rare every decade, everyone knows guys like these, they can build anything and I am pretty sure the #1 goal of every hunting season is to end up having to build or fix something. Pretty funny stuff.

I have been messing with a few designs - one w/disc brakes...
One that adjusts to the size of a hauling sled
One with bare basic - clamps, webbing basket and two wheels... using pecker poles to make an improvised cart.
The other is disc brake, collapsible, welded aluminum framed cart.
When I return home, I'll put together and present them for those interested in using for personal application.

If you do come up with an interesting design and are willing to publicly share it - please post her up! Always looking to be inspired with ideas.

I dig welding and creating practical use outdoor equipment.

Great thread Diesel. After pulling my brothers mulie out of the Badlands this fall with a calf sled, I am in desperate need of some direction also. Getting too out of shape to do it much longer!

Can't help with building one, but my brother and I have put some serious time in front and in back of a Magnum Cart from Cabelas and in some cases dragging a small log behind it on downhillers. Number one thing you want to do is protect the spokes. First year out with it wiped out the wheel on one side. We like it because it folds up flat and we have made a rack to stowe in on top of the cook trailer. First year out with it the only thing we hauled on it was a grouse. Anything for a photo op!
Seriously though, protect the spokes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BullelkSD
Back