Funny Hunter Quotes/Lingo

Pat, I believe that's another Mike-ism. He uses the term trash all the time in his evaluations of bucks. One time a close friend of mine showed Mike a photo of the biggest mule deer buck he ever killed. Mike looks at it and says; "I probably wouldn't shoot that buck because of all the trash points." The buck scored 232" net and was the last buck to win a Jeep in Utah before they ban deer contests. I've seen Mike have a complete melt down on video trying to killed a 170" buck, Yeah sure he would've passed up a 232" buck because of all the "trash" points. I wonder if he ever listens to what he says?

Fork-ed horned.....that's another good one.

"Nice big cow"...It's an elk, they're big. Tasty of course but no matter how big it is it won't grow antlers.
"Nice big doe"...No it's not.

Bothers me when they say "my friends" or "our friends" at.... fill in the blank.....you mean an outfitter or ranch you paid a crap-ton of money to go to or to mention their name so they'd let you shoot a nice buck/bull

"Management buck" = couldn't find the big one, so shoot whatever.
"I need a minute" = makes me wanna knock him out of his stand!

. . .anything from Stan Potts mouth . . . very annoying!

Ha, love the big bodied comments. I don't know if I can count how many times I've heard friends say about their fork horn "he's a big bodied bugger, must be past his prime!"

People try way to hard to justify their kills, I've been guilty of it.

"It's the last day of the hunt".....And they always seem to shoot one... :)

Pretty much anything said by Guy or Mike Eastman. They're "legendary"

Definitely gets on my nerves...can't watch anymore. I think if they could figure out a way to charge each viewer for the privilege of watching their TV show, they would. Just the mannerisms, tone, etc.......

I'll admit I used to waste time watching some shows when I had satellite.
The 'big body' comments always reminded me of the 'healthy fish', 'good color' comment on the fishing shows! But that's another thread...

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back