PEAX Equipment

Fun morning in a new area

brockel

Had a fun morning chasing turkeys in an area I’d never turkey hunted before. Worked down a ridge and got a turkey to gobble on each side of the ridge. Setup and had a jake come in first and put on a show. Wasn’t planning on shooting him so I just watched him strut around. Couple minutes later I see the tips of white feathers coming up from the other side of the ridge. As soon as this tom seen the jake he came running in. Both were strutting at about 20 yards and then started fighting. When they had their heads together fighting I figured I wasn’t going to pass up an opportunity for a two for one. Got to see 7 bulls and 2 cows as well
3D1B9CE9-23DB-48E0-9C7E-330CFE0C3F99.jpegDDBC8813-B13F-41C8-BDCD-0EAA83813FF5.jpeg28B92AAE-D98D-48F0-B5AC-D404AEA252C5.jpeg38928DBE-C345-401B-A889-BFB075DF1341.jpeg

Way to save on ammo in these crazy times!😉
No kidding. I found some 3” 5 shot for wife’s 20 gauge so that’s what I ended up using. Only thing else I have is 2 3/4” 8 shot for the 12 gauge left from last year

Good stuff!! A double would be fun to pull off, especially since you got the show beforehand.

Turkey 2fer, elk, pines, and blue sky...

Tough gig!

Grats on a great day!

Man, that's a great day in the woods! Congrats. And those are some beautiful birds too.

Very nice. Congrats. 2 for 1 like that is illegal here in Kentucky. Funny how states that different laws like that. Looks like you had a pretty good day.

Had a fun morning chasing turkeys in an area I’d never turkey hunted before. Worked down a ridge and got a turkey to gobble on each side of the ridge. Setup and had a jake come in first and put on a show. Wasn’t planning on shooting him so I just watched him strut around. Couple minutes later I see the tips of white feathers coming up from the other side of the ridge. As soon as this tom seen the jake he came running in. Both were strutting at about 20 yards and then started fighting. When they had their heads together fighting I figured I wasn’t going to pass up an opportunity for a two for one. Got to see 7 bulls and 2 cows as well
View attachment 182918View attachment 182919View attachment 182920View attachment 182921
That’s awesome. There’s nothing like watching them fight. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back