Full Circle- Montana Mountain Goat Video

The view from on top was other worldly. It was worth the hike and Ross, Ed and I weren't even a little bit jealous when we got pictures from Randy, J.R. and Travis showing us their fried chicken lunch instead of goats like we expected when they said they were going to go "glass another spot."

I suspect it was Randy's influence. That guy would sell his grandmother for a piece of fried chicken. He probably wouldn't sell his cat, but granny isn't safe.DSC00251.JPGDSC00258.JPGDSC00268.JPG

The view from on top was other worldly. It was worth the hike and Ross, Ed and I weren't even a little bit jealous when we got pictures from Randy, J.R. and Travis showing us their fried chicken lunch instead of goats like we expected when they said they were going to go "glass another spot."

I really don't appreciate this attack of character. The only reason we had to refuel was because of our hardcore efforts earlier in the day.

20191002_151735.jpg

I suspect it was Randy's influence. That guy would sell his grandmother for a piece of fried chicken. He probably wouldn't sell his cat, but granny isn't safe.

This is a fair assessment.

Just watched it, what a great video to remember the great times spent with friends in some awesome country. Well done guys.Congrats on the Billy!

@Randy11, yeah I didn't think you would try to deny your affection for chicken and the lengths you would go to get it. My only regret was that the sweet and spicy that I tried was only delicious for the three bites before my lips went numb. Somehow my plate caught all the accumulated cayenne from the bottom of the sauce.

Last edited:
Something I find very interesting about this hunt is the goat Ross killed was the first goat that he saw during his summer scouting. Out of over 200 goats seen during scouting and several dozen during hunting, he ended up tagging this billy.

For anyone thinking that his friends did the scouting and told Ross where to go, it was exactly the opposite. He did the research and picked the spots. Well, I guess that's techinically not completely accurate. We did make the first scouting trip in June into an area that I suggested and we all wanted to explore. Unfortunately, we didn't see any goats on that trip. :) I wonder why he didn't ask my advice for where to go in the other units. :)

We did make the first scouting trip in June into an area that I suggested and we all wanted to explore. Unfortunately, we didn't see any goats on that trip. :) I wonder why he didn't ask my advice for where to go in the other units. :)

That basin was one of the coolest places I've been in Montana, and I'm very thankful that I'll never see it again.

The highlight of that trip was definitely Ross's sloth impression though.

24441.jpeg

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dotun77
Back