From over the pond.

Donnachaidh

Thanks for letting me join. I live in the UK and have been involved in hunting for most of my life; mainly pheasants with shotguns and deer with rifles; I currently use a Winchester M70 .30-06 and a Tikka T3X 6.5x55.
I was fortunate enough to hunt plains game in Namibia in 2018, and Whitetail in Finland last winter. I hope to hunt in the US or Canada one day; watching Fresh Tracks has moved this to the top of my bucket list.

Welcome aboard! One of my most memorable hunts was a Roe buck near Exeter.
Devon's a beautiful part of the UK. I've not hunted deer there, but have been on quite a few pheasant shoots over the years. Were you able to take the trophy home with you?

Devon's a beautiful part of the UK. I've not hunted deer there, but have been on quite a few pheasant shoots over the years. Were you able to take the trophy home with you?
Yes! It's now displayed with the field picture in our living room for all to see.

Here is a link to the trip thread I posted for my adventure. Lots to read, but I had a very good time!

Welcome to our friendly neighborhood!! I was stationed at RAF Feltwell for a bit in lived on a farm outside Icklingham. Unfortunately the landowner would not allow stalking or shooting on his farm......but he would go to OTHERS to shoot pheasant? That always struck as odd. Went back to visit great mates last year and was able to squeeze in a hunt which netted me a muntjac buck. Look forward to hearing of your stalking exploits and seeing more pics from Blighty!!

Yes! It's now displayed with the field picture in our living room for all to see.

Here is a link to the trip thread I posted for my adventure. Lots to read, but I had a very good time!

Thanks, I enjoyed reading it. That's an unusual head, and will be a great reminder of your trip over here.

With our dollar being shyte, your best bet is probably Canada! Lots of knowledgeable people on this forum if/when you do decide to hunt North Amercia.
I'll have to do some research; we visited BC for my wife's 50th and said we'd love to go back sometime.

Welcome!! I very much enjoy reading about hunting that occurs in Europe. Any story/pics of the whitetails in Finland would be something I think many on here would enjoy reading about.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back