MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Friends 284 Win Build

So would it be fair to say that some barreled actions will require more or less work to get them to fit? I was shooting the rifle yesterday afternoon and it’s very accurate with a variety of ammo. Do I risk lessening my accuracy by changing stocks?
You SHOULD be alright, you may need to bed the action, and possibly shim the bottom metal. Nothing major.

This is funny, although I do like my Savage re-barrels.
I got a good chuckle from that too!

Well, things have changed, changing 2 threads i have on here.

My friend & i did some horse trading.
I'm taking the B&C stock off MY 284 Win Mauser and putting the wood stock from my Alpine Mauser on it.

I'm putting the B&C on the Alpine Mauser.
And trading the Alpine for his Axis II.
Which, as the winner of the cartridge poll i had (by a large margin) will be built into a 280AI.

Hence his 284 Win build will be on a Mauser action that he wanted all along.

He's planning on a Douglas barrel. So since the "bluing" looks like black paint on the Alpine action anyway, i convinced him to send them the action and assemble & blue the whole thing so they match.

Last edited:
Well, like the best laid plans of mice & men....

The friend that gave me the Alpine Mauser wanted it back. :mad:
Claims now that all he wanted me to do was fix the scope mount & put a new scope on it.
It's still sitting in my basement.

My coworker/hunting buddy did build his 284 on a Savage Axis II action. Douglas magnum sporter 24" barrel. Boyds Prairie Hunter stock in the pepper laminate. EGW one piece 0MOA base & their Keystone low rings holding a Burris Fullfield E1 scope.

The combination of the heavier barrel & Boyds stock made it a little on the heavy side, but it carrys actually quite well.

154gr Hornady Interlock over RL17 has accounted for 2 does.

Sucks he put it on a gray bedsheet to take a picture of it. Really does nothing for the stock.

Attachments

• Resized_20220224_114522(1).jpeg
    Resized_20220224_114522(1).jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back