Friday Vault Tunes

@Hilljackoutlaw yeah. Older than dirt. Louder than Love is 32 years old suddenly. I saw them open for Danzig in Houston in '90 on this tour. No wonder my hip hurts. ;)
Reminds me Ben, we had an exchange on one of these Friday threads about that tour and whether or not Ben Sheppard had joined the band by then (he had, as you pointed out). I was reading about it in Mark Yarm's book Everybody Loves Our Town, an oral history style account of the Seattle music scene..

There's a great passage in there about Sheppard dropping his guitar and diving into a fight that Cornell was in the middle of in a crowd one night during one of his first shows with the band, on that tour. Some funny/interesting stories all throughout the book.

Reminds me Ben, we had an exchange on one of these Friday threads about that tour and whether or not Ben Sheppard had joined the band by then (he had, as you pointed out). I was reading about it in Mark Yarm's book Everybody Loves Our Town, an oral history style account of the Seattle music scene..

There's a great passage in there about Sheppard dropping his guitar and diving into a fight that Cornell was in the middle of in a crowd one night during one of his first shows with the band, on that tour. Some funny/interesting stories all throughout the book.

12/26/1988, the Axiom in Houston, a little punk venue that hosted some of the most debauched times of my teenaged life - Danzig is the headliner. Band from Hell opens for them, getting the crowd full on for the main event - Danzig takes the stage, opens with new stuff and launches into old Misfits & Samhain tunes, then gets a screwdriver pulled on him by someone in the crowd. Glenn's wearing leadfilled gloves, because of course, and punches the kid in the head, then threatens to go backstage and get a revolver. Those days in the pits were fuzzy, but fondly remembered. ;)

Back