Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Friday tunes

Huntkook

Songs that remind you of someone, some place or something. This reminds me of my Nan(grandma)

I took my girlfriend to see this guy at a small club in Madison, Wisconsin. The band took a break and he stayed out with a stool and a mandolin, said this is a song I'm working on now and started to play. Well my girlfriend is now my wife and we will be celebrating #30 in a few short weeks. Time flies when you are having fun!

I went to see these guys with some college buddies. They opened the show with this song, where the lead singer was playing his tambourine and launched it as he started to sing. One of the guys right next to me, "Spann" had his arm out and the tambourine land right around it. Right next to him stood a cute girl who latched her arms around the tambourine that was around his arm. He gave it up pretty quickly.😁 She played that thing for rest of the concert.:p

1992, Casper WY. Just started College and living away from the folks, while exploring new music & all the fun stuff that goes along with those formative years. I don't think I've ever been as happy or mentally stimulated as those broke, wallowing in poverty days. The cheap wine and Mexican ditch weed may have helped that though.

I use to give my oldest daughter butterfly kisses when she was little. This is what she played for the father/daughter dance at her wedding.

Getting packed and cleaning up the cabin today heading home from Alaska. Saw this thread and while it's not really my favorite kind of music I think it's appropriate for me today. Sadness included.

Last edited:
I associate a lot of music with different times of the year or different places, both physical and mental.

This one reminds me of the Badlands of South Dakota, and of my wife and our first time going there and our first big vacation together, before we were married.

We’d left WI after work and planned to drive 8-10 hours and get a hotel and finish the drive in the morning. I’m good at covering distance and staying awake so we made it til 1 AM before I decided to call er quits for the evening. There was some convention going on and every hotel was booked within 30 miles unless we wanted to pay $200 for 4-5 hours of sleep. All of the running around woke me back up and I drove a few more hours and we slept in the car at a wayside.
It wasn’t great sleep, and around 5AM we took off again, with only an hour or so to go. I was playing Born To Run as we got to the Badlands and the sun was just coming up and lighting those dunes ablaze. I’d never been in Mountain Time before and that sure didn’t disappoint.
Everyone thought I was going to propose on that trip. I didn’t. But it was seeing that amazing landscape with her that told me I had better ask before someone else did.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
REVRON
Back