Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Friday Tunage - Whatever you please

In addition on every Moody Blues album, Edge also provided the spoken word interludes, like “Late Lament” on the album version of “Nights in White Satin” (recited by pianist Mike Pinder) and “Departure,” which opened the 1968 LP In Search of the Lost Chord and preceded the hit “Ride My See-Saw.”

In 2018, Rolling Stone spoke to the Moody Blues for an oral history about “Nights in White Satin,” including Edge’s contribution to the hit.

“I was trying to write a song… called ‘Morning Glory,’ with lyrics between morning and evening,” Edge said. “Then I went to the guys and said, ‘Can you do anything with this?’ I spoke the lyric out to them and they looked at me and said, ‘There are just too many words. There’s no way you can sing this!’ Then Tony Clarke said, ‘Oh, make it a poem!’”

tumblr_njmoudkt8T1r9a32bo1_500.gifv

It was really a magical time, the 80's. Choreography was off the charts. Videos were beginning to really tell compelling stories & the music was LIT

I agree, the choreographing, and videos in the 80's truly changed the way we listen and view a song. I love watching the story play out as it is being sung.

But, IMHO the 70's and 80's were the best music years of my lifetime.

If one of you gentlemen would be so kind as to post Wipe Out by the Ventures for me, I will log off and bother you no further

Thank you

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back