Friday Tunage - Mothers

Brenn Hill - Mama Bear​

Verse 1:
Fightin’ cancer, fight the weather, fight the law, find the answers to the questions of life
Sunday mornin’ at the Gypsum Ward find the Lord as a sheep rancher’s wife
Raisin’ sons, raisin’ daughters, raisin’ Hell when they fell short of what she expects
Changin’ times, changin’ weather, changin’ ways, just ain’t nothin’ she could ever accept
Chorus:
And that Colorado highway ain’t a likely home
For a woman and a family livin’ there
She’s got a heart of gold and a will that’s made of stone
And you don’t ever mess with Mama Bair
Don’t try to second guess my Mama Bair

Verse 2:
There’s a new snow fallin’ on a cold November morn’ and a cowboy haulin’ bucks straight through the storm
She can hear him callin’ from a broken mobile phone so she sets out to save him all alone
Raisin’ lambs, raisin’ grandkids raisin’ hay ain’t the easy way to live but you find love
In the sacred land, and in the children that you raise, in the sheep and on the mountain above

Repeat Chorus

Verse 3:
Takin’ chemo and takin’ it like a man helps you understand your precious life
Back to the ranch to see if you can make a hand standin’ strong as a sheep rancher’s wife
Raisin’ sons, raisin’ daughters, raisin’ Hell when they fall short of what she expects
But you’ll find love a deep and neverending well in the heart of this woman of the west

Final Chorus

you guys are too kind and thanks for the pm's and for asking but the one that brings moisture to my eyes, BUT, will be VERY boring for you guys --is why I had not requested it.

It is a triple threat, tear jerker, for me. My mother---my mother and father dancing in the kitchen ---my husband and I slow dancing in the barn

My mothers eyes, Frankie Valli.

Maybe some of you could tolerate it better if you post the same song only sang by Tom Jones (-:

another one I have always liked was Dolly's "Coat of many colors" and for a different take on motherhood---Reba's, "Fancy".

I mentioned Dionne Warwick to a young lady yesterday and she ask. "was she a singer ? " God I feel old:(

you guys are too kind and thanks for the pm's and for asking but the one that brings moisture to my eyes, BUT, will be VERY boring for you guys --is why I had not requested it.

It is a triple threat, tear jerker, for me. My mother---my mother and father dancing in the kitchen ---my husband and I slow dancing in the barn

My mothers eyes, Frankie Valli.

Maybe some of you could tolerate it better if you post the same song only sang by Tom Jones (-:

another one I have always liked was Dolly's "Coat of many colors" and for a different take on motherhood---Reba's, "Fancy".

I mentioned Dionne Warwick to a young lady yesterday and she ask. "was she a singer ? " God I feel old:(
Fancy - good call and happy mother's day @Europe

My Mama LOVED Elvis. I still remember her sobbing in our kitchen on a hot Indiana night when died. Even as a small child it broke my heart. Think about her every time I hear the King. This was one her and my dad would dance to occasionally

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back