When you're looking in the safe, deciding what the line up is for the fall:

Smashing through the boundaries
Lunacy has found me
Cannot stop the battery
Pounding out aggression
Turns into obsession
Cannot kill the battery

Ken,
The route from Madera, California to Paso Robles, California takes you past the spot where James Dean crashed at the junction of Highways 41 & 46. There is a fancy memorial there now. Back in the day you had to know where it was.

Still some of best damn fast driving roads anywhere.
I worked @ Shandon Park right down the road from the Jack Ranch Cafe and the infamous intersection. Drove it regularly to get to the cabin @ Huntington.

I worked @ Shandon Park right down the road from the Jack Ranch Cafe and the infamous intersection. Drove it regularly to get to the cabin @ Huntington.
I was at Huntington a lot. My brother (the one who went to Cal Poly SLO) was a packer and dude for D&F pack station. The Fikes were from Raymond and old family friends.
Huntington summers in the 70's was a target rich environment. I was mostly too young to know it.

I was at Huntington a lot. My brother (the one who went to Cal Poly SLO) was a packer and dude for D&F pack station. The Fikes were from Raymond and old family friends.
Huntington summers in the 70's was a target rich environment. I was mostly too young to know it.
Too funny.
I knew the Fikes and my buddy brad bought D&F from them and ran it until a few years ago. I worked on the packstation and the back country cabins for him for years.
Our cabin survived the fires last year too.

Too funny.
I knew the Fikes and my buddy brad bought D&F from them and ran it until a few years ago. I worked on the packstation and the back country cabins for him for years.
Our cabin survived the fires last year too.
We often had extra horses on the ranch in the winter because Floyd let us board and use horses in the off-season. He got his stock back fed and fit in the spring.

We often had extra horses on the ranch in the winter because Floyd let us board and use horses in the off-season. He got his stock back fed and fit in the spring.
I drove with Brad a few times in the stock truck over Badger Pass to Edison lake and back. Hairball. I liked driving a blocker vehicle much better.
Great way to hunt & fish the High country.

Back