Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Friday Music Thread - Memory Lane

As a 13 year old my parents paid for me to go on a Horseback pack trip in the Marble Mountain wilderness. The group was Co ed and all around my age, including a couple of young ladies from the Sacramento area. We all rode in a minivan to the trailhead. Much of the way we had poor radio signal reception so we listened to a cassette of Queens Greatest Hits, the whole way up...And returning. About 5 hours each way.

On that trip, I learned a lot and became familiar with the opposite sex, had my first hard alcohol and witnessed marijuana use for the first time. It was the perfect soundtrack to the dawn of my adolescence....

After I met my wife this became our song (at least one of the main ones). It all started with a wrong phone number, oh those carefree college days where did they go ............ definitely a trip down Memory Lane.

I know someone else already posted one classic (and original, I think) version of this song. However, this version is also classic in the sense there are few voices more memorable of the times than Melanie. If this voice doesn't invoke the 1970s, I don't know what does.

I can't imagine there is a human on the planet anywhere that would not enjoy this song.
This one needs a good glass of something - in my case Scottish Ale.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irish-Jay
Back