Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Free Range North Texas Hog

This little (big!) piggy was in the wrong place at the right time. Nice capitalizing on the opportunity.

Congrats! Tell us more about that beautiful rifle.
thanks!

It’s a model 70 super grade in 300 WinMag. With the Leopold CDS it can really reach out. Although this one was only 70 yards away.

Sitting on a small hill overlooking a stock tank and wheat field a few days ago. Hunting for whitetails but couldn't give him a pass.

View attachment 163481
View attachment 163482
View attachment 163483View attachment 163484View attachment 163485
Great photos!

Awesome hog as well. I will admit that the explosion of hogs in the south, where I grew up, has completely overtaken my interest from whitetail hunting. I get far more amped up to see a big lone boar nowadays than I do another whitetail.

Ham is my favorite meat. Never shot a free range hog. What is the taste?
The many hogs that I have killed and eaten have all generally tasted great. It is far, far leaner than a farm pig. I usually do the quarters on a smoker slathered in mustard and salt/pepper. Delicious pulled pork. The backstraps make great chops too and the rest I love making into Chorizo (if you can find a good Texas processor) or sausage. Hogs are a good part of our protein throughout the year.

That hairy beast had some Eurasian boar in him I bet. Did it have a longer, straight tail?

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back