Free Electricity for All Citizens!

Yes, just like his plan for free college! I'm sure the kids can't wait for this one, go to college for a couple years, party like rock stars and do it for free. If anyone is supporting him and wants to explain how education can be free, I'm all ears if you can answer who will get to pay all the college staff, and for all the other expenses of running a college? Who will get to decide which students get to go to college when the schools are suddenly flooded with applications? Is it free only if they graduate? What if they just go party and flunk out or drop out, was that a year of free college at the tax payers expenses? I usually don't get involved in politics but I have 3 kids age 16-21 and the the crew of idiots this round is mind blowing.

Yes, just like his plan for free college! I'm sure the kids can't wait for this one, go to college for a couple years, party like rock stars and do it for free. If anyone is supporting him and wants to explain how education can be free, I'm all ears if you can answer who will get to pay all the college staff, and for all the other expenses of running a college? Who will get to decide which students get to go to college when the schools are suddenly flooded with applications? Is it free only if they graduate? What if they just go party and flunk out or drop out, was that a year of free college at the tax payers expenses? I usually don't get involved in politics but I have 3 kids age 16-21 and the the crew of idiots this round is mind blowing.

It's not free. That is correct. It's subsidized and would work similarly to how many states and municipalities are approaching the issue. Germany is usually held up as a good example of how "free" college would work.

Wouldn't you rather spend tax dollars on educating people instead of another corporate bailout? Having said that, I'm not supporting Bernie.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-32821678

I certainly am not going to argue politics, like I said I am not educated on the topic enough, but "free" or "subsidized" - same thing to ME, (Bernie has used the word free), if students don't have to pay for it where will the money come from? The Government. And where does the government get their money? From you and me and those that work for a living and pay taxes. Our country is flat azz broke already, when that happens at my house spending decreases, not increases, it's time the politicians do the same.

I certainly am not going to argue politics, like I said I am not educated on the topic enough, but "free" or "subsidized" - same thing to ME, (Bernie has used the word free), if students don't have to pay for it where will the money come from? The Government. And where does the government get their money? From you and me and those that work for a living and pay taxes. Our country is flat azz broke already, when that happens at my house spending decreases, not increases, it's time the politicians do the same.

I usually try to increase my revenue coming in while figuring out what to cut.

I don't disagree that it's tax dollars going towards the program, but I'm not convinced it's a bad idea considering what our budget really looks like, and what we could do by shifting some things here & there.

You can easily provide metrics within state given grants that focus on performance (Like Wyoming has with their Hathaway Scholarships that essentially pay tuition at Junior Colleges or UW). Tie it to service, like the GI Bill, etc.

It's an idea worth looking at in depth, even if it's being promoted by a clown.

I have a good friend who is German. He has helped me numerous times with SCADA technology in my plants. He and I have had any discussions about how Germany educates it's citizens over the years. It helps that my wife is a teacher and I have a pretty good knowledge about how our system, both collegiate and the k-12 grades. He says that trade schools, and apprentice programs are way more prevalent there. They use these programs to weed out people who aren't good students. Those that excel at these types of programs advance to university if they chose. He never went to university just done an apprentice program for several years and he is the best programmer I have saw. I think something like this could work here but we have to accept that some people are just burger flippers. My wife literally can't fail anyone anymore. Poor performance is rewarded.

Back