Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Found these today

It's been a bumper year here for copper heads and I'm sure the rattlers are doing well too, however I haven't seen any this year yet. I do not like all the copperheads though, they are aggressive little devils.

Since the good lord created all creatures, we should respect and ensure all creatures have a place in this world. Except snakes. I hate snakes. Snakes freak me out.

I don't like snakes.

That is a pretty big mistake on the stick pick up. Please let me share with you the correct way to pick up any snake with a stick. These rules need to be followed so rookies picking up snakes don't make a mistake that could cost them

1) The common accepted theory is that I snake can strike 1/3 of his body length
2) Estimate the length of the snake in inches, remember 12" = 1'-0
3) Divide this number of inches by 3
4) this number is how far the snake has be from your hands
5) with my background in engineering I also know that the stick will have to be 3 times this length so that the proper fulcrum can be in place for weight distribution. So multiply previous number by 3
6) Pretty sure OSHA requires a 25% safety factor in there somewhere, so take the previous number and multiply it by .25
7) this is the length of the stick you will need to pick up any snake

Now since I typically like to be precise with my math, what I normally do when I first see a snake is scream like a girl (this lets everyone know to be careful) and run my butt in the opposite direction as fast as I can. I mean, I don't carry a calculator with me in the woods.

Hope you guys have learned something form me today on proper stick length to snake ratio.

Jorgy I love your snake stick formula but wanted to point out that you likely meant to have a safety factor of 1.25 as the safety factor of 0.25 that you applied will bring that snake way to close for my comfort. OSHA always makes things a pain so blame them for the 0.25 safety factor. I also use the scream like a little girl and retreat approach.

A mid afternoon diversion from my elk hunt turned into a MT Double play. Managed to notch my turkey tag and on the way back to the truck just about stepped on this mean buzz worm.... That arrow got quite the work out that day.

Attachments

• MT DOUBLE PLAY.jpg
    MT DOUBLE PLAY.jpg
    412 KB · Views: 54
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back