Found a Good One!

Fatrack

Found a couple nice bucks while elk hunting a couple weeks ago. Took some video, with my cell phone :rolleyes: through my spotter.

I uploaded it to my facebook page and for some wierd reason, I can't access the video on my phone anymore...just on my fb page. Anyways, I watched him for a couple of hours and figured he'd be worth hunting during rifle season, what do you think?

Check him out:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=4086681483560

cool video withthe phone thru the spotter

It will be nice to see one with your hands on the horns!

good luck

He is a 7 X 7 with matching split G2's. I named him Vegas because of the 7's, but also because he was lucky I didn't have my rifle! I had him guessed at 170"...a pretty good one for public land in MT. I had to go back and look for him on opening day of rifle season.

As the sun came up my anticipation of finding Vegas again also rose. The breaks country of Montana are a beautiful, game rich place.

View attachment 32447

At grey light, I searched intensely. I started picking up deer right off the bat but no Vegas. After about an hour a glassing, and a sanck :D, I saw a whitetail buck. I recognized this buck...he was with Vegas 2 weeks earlier. My hopes got high as a shot of adreneline went through me thinking maybe, just maybe, Vegas was in there somewhere.

View attachment 32446

Last edited:
Then....I spot a new deer, he just appeared. I put the spotter on him and I instantly knew it was HIM! I couldn't believe it...what are the chances? I watched him for about 1 second before I was putting a stalk on him. With my boots off I slipped down and through the rimrock cliffs. I closed the distance as much as I could which was still way too far for a shot. This day, luck was on my side. Thanks to a hungry coyote, Vegas decided to split, and came in my direction. Moving quickly he closed the distance between us. My chance was about to happen, and it was going to be quick. I saw where he was heading so I ranged a couple land marks for reference. It was going to be a long shot, but doable. At 420 yards, before he headed into a deep wooded draw, he paused.......

Holy crap, what a monster. Congrats man.
I'd be curious to hear if you tape it out. He's got to be every bit of what you field judged him at.

Holy Crap that is a great deer congrats he is gonna look great on a wall. Let us know what he tapes out at.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back