For the ATV users

Nut

Do you have the mentality that the rest of us that dont have or use one is jealous that you get to?

I have a friend that made a statement to that effect(At least that is how I took it)

Maybe there are a few that are
wink.gif
But I dont believe that the majority is against the use of them where it is allowed.

Ithaca buddy you dont have to answer this one
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Nut ,I dont feel like that.
Its just stuff to be shared with family & friends and another way to have fun.
Maybe your friend takes himself a bit to serious because he was able to buy an ATV.

We all know those type's
rolleyes.gif

I know what Nut's talking about, if I'm not mistaken I was in the chatroom that was all but said in.

It couldn't be that he's taking himself too serious because he could buy one.. he didn't , he conned his boss out of it. All of the sudden now it appears that he is Joe ATV.

too funny.

I use mine primarily for snow removal, and I don't think to much more about it.

We took 3 of them with us hunting last year and unloaded 1 and hauled some firewood to camp with it. the other 2 didn't even get unloaded.

Well if its ok I'd like to through my 2 cents in. I hunt in Idaho mostly but I do hunt in other states also, where we hunt mule deer its open country (high mountain desert) if the hunters in that area used pickup trucks it would take no time to distroy the trails and two tracks. We put 30-40 miles a day on ATV's and may only see 1 or 2 deer. we drive from canyon to canyon stoping to glass often. If a deer is spotted we park the ATV's and stalk into a shooting position if possible. After the shot we use the ATV's to haul the game out. every animal we killed were 1/4ed and packed to the ATV's except 1 that ran to another road before piling up. With the kids in the youth hunter program, my friends, my boys and myself we killed 12 mule deer,4 elk and 9 white tail deer. Out of that 1 doe mule deer we were able to ride the Atv up to and load it without cutting it up 1st.

We stay on the trails and hunt on foot.
the ATV's are a tool, just the same way that a chainsaw is a tool or a hammer. Only misuse make them bad. Not unlike guns don't kill people, people kill people.

I think its high time that we as sportsmen and women stop fighting amonst ourselves and remember that we all have to band togather to keep our God given rights. And when we quit being so clicky and start working togather, we'll all be better off.

Thats my 2 cents
Just Dic

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Well if its ok I'd like to through my 2 cents in <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That is about the silliest thing...
We all put our 2 cents in and ask no permission, you can to..And it will be appreciated by some despised by others..
That is what we like about this site so much. So by all means add it and a nicols worth!!!
biggrin.gif

That's more than 2cents worth. I hope you don't mind but I think your post will be cut and pasted into many BB posts, it was that good.

Very good post Dic.
I have to feel very sorry for anyone that thinks (owning more things ) make the man!!!

Thats the least of the reasons im against ATVs. I could buy a couple if i wanted. Im alright with some areas being open to them, but right now too much is open.

The reason im against ATVs is because they are the single biggest reason (wow, even bigger than wolves) we are seeing less of the older bucks and bulls. Hell just look at the post above about traveling 30-40 miles in a day and glassing every canyon on the way. How long would it take to walk that? How many people on ATVs glass those canyons in a week?

Kind of makes backcountry non-existent when you can putz around in your mini-truck.

Rocky you're wrongabout less big bulls and bucks.... There is more critters out there now, you just aren't looking very well. I understand when people lack in something they tend to blame something else.

Lostagain, you dont know me so save it. Ive gotten my share of big elk and deer. And i know from my own experiences over the last 15 years what ATVs are doing to my areas.

All I know is that a Mule pulls a Swisher brushcutter very well! It also hauls contractor trash to the dumpster, firewood to the pile, concrete blocks to the firepit, and fenceposts to the far corners of the lot. Oh, and it seemed to do OK hauling TurkeyEye's and Flipper's deer out.

Anybody that thinks an ATV is some sort of status symbol is...um...less than completely there. Like Dic said, it's a tool.

Rockydog is right. Lostagain is wrong.

ATV popularity with losers has ruined quality hunting in a lot of areas that I know of.

ATV hunters have set the bar for a whole new league of hunting laziness. Fact is ATV hunters rarely take quality game, but frequently ruin it for those that otherwise could if there wasn't a bunch of lazy slobs buzzing around in the mountains. Show me a quality animal taken on public land in MT in a no permit area..BY AN ATV SLOB.. it will definately be a rare thing.

I hate to load my ATV in the truck and take it anywhere, just due to the stereotype that ATVing hunters have earned for themselves. Sorta reminds me of the fat girls and mopeds joke.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-21-2003 11:57: Message edited by: Greenhorn ]</font>

Lost again.. Actually I shoot elk in Yellowstone Park and on private ranches, perferrably game farms man! That's the only way to go, especially if you are fat, stupid, and lazy.

Those places, and places like designated wilderness areas have no lazy ATV moron hunters. So you figure it out.

My, my! We have to be very careful about pointing out that ATVs are ruining hunting! Everybody with a brain knows it, it's just that the ATV users are in denial about it because they don't want to get off their fat lazy ass and walk.
biggrin.gif
All ATVs did was take road hunting to a new level.
rolleyes.gif

Lostagain, nice comeback. Again, you have no idea who your talking to about lack of success. I dont need anyone to blame, i just think ATVs SUCK DONKEY****. Anyways, i have no need to argue with Quadhunters, it looks like the FS shut down motorized travel in my favorite hunting area after this year anyways. YeeHaw.

Back