Football General Talk

Ok. Here's reality. NFC Championship 4 out of 5 seasons. 2 losses. Superbowl 2 out of 4 years. 2 losses. No SB in 29 years. When do questions start being asked? mtmuley

Ok as you are strutting around do your teams numbers for the last 30 years.
Look at the rest of the league. The team we didn't beat in overtime, in the Superbowl, is the one people are calling a dynasty. With possibly the greatest player ever.
Maybe the 49ers are in a great place. Contenders year in year out.

Step one- Don’t Retreat
I know it’s scary to deal with a rooster while it’s in attack mode. However, you should never ever back away or show fear when your rooster becomes aggressive. Any fear or weakness shown on your part will increase the rooster’s aggressiveness and worsen the attack. Remember, you’re the boss, and it’s up to you to show your rooster that.

this thread is killing me. Grown ass men acting like little girls caus their team lost...Welcome to being a bengals and Ohio state fan...So close doesn't count for chit just like in hunting...

NFL and CBS execs planning SB coverage: “Let’s show Taylor ten times, no A HUNDRED TIMES!”

I could not bring myself to watch the game b/c unlike MtMuley, I feel like my head is going to explode w/ the endless Taylor reaction shots.

Finally at halftime I drug myself to the TV… I watched cartoons with my kids for a half hour before finally clicking over to the game for 2nd half kickoff. I was holding out hope 49’ers would somehow not disappoint…

“It’s just a game.” I can’t do this to myself any longer - no more watching chiefs games until these two break up.
I like to gripe and joke about it, but if not her it will be somebody else I don’t care about. They have been flashing to celebs for 40+ years - why does this one grate on you so much that you would stop watching? Lots of good reasons to stop watching, but this one seems iffy.

Purdy I thought handled it damn well. I'm happy to call that kid our QB
He is too inconsistent in throws more than 10yds beyond line of scrimmage and struggles too much with “second wave” rushers to be elite. 15 QBs can do what he does - and at $1M a year he can lead really good teams. But when he is $40+M and 9ers have to make roster cuts to pay for that, he won’t sniff a Super Bowl.

I thought he played ok- slightly above average, which is probably what he is right now.

He didn’t make too many big mistakes, but had trouble after the first read as per usual. He does what they ask him to do very well, but will that be enough? Tough to say (and he is really young). The 49ers will reveal what they think of him by rewarding him with a big contract or not here soon enough.

Let’s be real though- if you switched the two QBs last night, that probably turns a three score game.
Too your point, not a single member of the Chiefs offense last night would start on the 9ers except for Mahomes. Although there would be some good Kittle/Kelce debate. The 9ers roster is just better than Chiefs, but Mahomes doesn’t blink.

I like to gripe and joke about it, but if not her it will be somebody else I don’t care about. They have been flashing to celebs for 40+ years - why does this one grate on you so much that you would stop watching? Lots of good reasons to stop watching, but this one seems iffy.

It is a tell of sorts about a person's political views. It is amplified with a generational and gender gap.

Sorry to offend- didn’t think a fairly benign (and fairly obvious, imo) observation would set anyone off. Wasn’t my intention.

You got to see his brilliance in person, so I will default to your expertise on this one👍
Hopefully he has sobered up today or he really won’t like my take.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MontanaPete59102
Back