Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Football General Talk

Also meanwhile....
208F9787-3D16-41AD-B63B-E6D5BB01C819.thumb.jpeg.9b95bf1ba84107920872b81b4434f221.jpeg

It's hard to understand the world we live in. While this is going on, the former president of the Portland Trailblazers just acknowledged that he murdered someone as a teenager. He was a minor at the time, and he served his time for it. Apparently because he was a minor, it did not remain on his record as an adult, so it was not public knowledge. He chose to reveal it as part of a book telling his life story in hopes that he could help others who have made bad choices get their lives back on track. The story I read portrayed the whole thing supportively as a person who has suffered a great deal and is now hoping to help others.

For the record, I was OK with how the story was portrayed, but there is significant opportunity for cynicism when murder is almost pitied, while racist emails cause a huge blowup.

QQ

It's hard to understand the world we live in. While this is going on, the former president of the Portland Trailblazers just acknowledged that he murdered someone as a teenager. He was a minor at the time, and he served his time for it. Apparently because he was a minor, it did not remain on his record as an adult, so it was not public knowledge. He chose to reveal it as part of a book telling his life story in hopes that he could help others who have made bad choices get their lives back on track. The story I read portrayed the whole thing supportively as a person who has suffered a great deal and is now hoping to help others.

For the record, I was OK with how the story was portrayed, but there is significant opportunity for cynicism when murder is almost pitied, while racist emails cause a huge blowup.

QQ
It's a mad mad mad mad world.

University of Texas imitates a bull fighter waving his cape towards a charging bull so that the OSU cowboys will score and go up by 8. Then the interception is given up and Texas finds a way to allow a team to come back in the second half two weeks in a row. Maybe the Longhorns can force a punt and find a miracle finish, just to get to overtime.

#coachingopening?

How bout them Cowboys!
That was one hell of a game!

Cowboys have NOT beat the Patriots since 1996! That sounds absolutely absurd though...

Cowboys were piss poor, IMO. 3/13 for 3rd down conversions, 115 yards in penalties, 4th & 1 for a 50 yard x2? Good he made the second... absolutely good he made it though... wasn't a great Cowboy played game - the end is all that matters though.

That kind of game was one of the ones the Cowboys typically lost for a lot of years now. Looks like they might be a Hell of a team. mtmuley
I agree. Dak has a killer instinct that Romo never had. Just have to stay healthy.

While I'm a Cowboy fan... you guys are flippin color blind to think that was a good Cowboy game. That was textbook Belichick dirty rough scrappin... Sure, Dak threw for 400 yards though 2 turnovers... penalties (every team fanboy blames refs) either way, 115 yards lost. 3/13 3rd down conversion,

If not for fantastic Diggs and his ability to play the QB then super sprint for the interception... Cowboys would have lost. 4th and 1 and bring in Zuerlein for a long bomb vs 1 yard rush... X's TWO!

I'm all about the Cowboys though this was not their finest hour... hell, they had the ball almost 15minutes MORE than that Patriots yet - barely scraped a tie?

It was a pretty freaking bad arse game to watch on the edge of my seat rooting for them though... Trevon, CC, and Dak's resilience to not see a shade of grey is what brought them through.

Awesome game to watch. :)

FWIW:

i-just-came-to-stir-shit-up-and-read-the-comments.jpg

Sytes, those are the toughest games to win. Especially against Belichick. They won the game. Most fans don't tear down a team after a win. Especially if it's "their" team. mtmuley

So brief though soooo - point hammered. Least you commented, "Most fans..." This is not a tear down, this is an observation w/o the pom poms because "their" team won.

@Sytes, all teams have bad games. The great ones find a way to win the bad games. Not saying the Cowboys are great yet, but it’s a step in the right direction. Those Jason Garrett teams would have lost the game today.

Agree. I shared the exact same... was a bad arse game and Belichick brought his game to the cowboys... down and dirty. stuff the run game. Cowboys won. I'm pumped as mentioned for the reasons above though really... Cowboys had the ball 15 minutes MORE than the patriots and 400 yards Dak tossed to barely squeak by.

It was an edge of the seat game though... Cowboys had an opportunity to do so much more with the time and yards thrown. I'm pointing out while they did good 1st and second down with freak plays that gave them points... This is a game to watch and find how to improve a hell of a lot more. ;)

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back