Football General Talk

Not long until Texas beats Bama

"The 2022 preseason coaches poll came out on Monday, and one particular aspect of the top 25 drew interest far and wide across college football: Texas received one vote as the No. 1 team in the country. It remains unclear who voted the Longhorns No. 1, or whether the voter was serious and did so intentionally. Texas is coming off a 5-7 season and is widely expected to improve after coach Steve Sarkisian's nightmare first fall in charge, but most experts have the 'Horns outside of the top 15. One guest Monday on "The Paul Finebaum Show," Michael Bratton of "That SEC Podcast," was set off by Texas' No. 1 vote.

"I wouldn't vote them No. 1," Bratton said, via the show's Twitter account. "... I wouldn't even put them in the poll. Texas does not deserve to be ranked now, and they won't deserve to be ranked after they lose to Alabama by 45 points."

Texas hosts Alabama on Sept. 10 in a premier nonconference game."

Down in Florida for the week. Turned on the Bucs-Dolphins game and saw an advertisement for NFL season tickets. I’ve never seen them advertised in my life (my dad in 60+ years wouldn’t have either), weird to see.

This one, just for @VikingsGuy. I'm sure he commissioned this poll :)

Kirk is better than Mac right now. By the end of 2022 we will see if either Kirk with KOC or Mac with another year of experience takes a step up. Setting aside the full NFL 100 here is my 2022 preseason ranking of all starting QBs. The two with a chance to move up the most will be Lawrence (with a competent coach) and Lance (with a season of experience).

1. Mahomes
2. Allen
3. Rogers
4. Brady
5. Burrow
6. Herbert
7. R. Wilson
8. Stafford
9. Murray
10. Prescott
11. Watson
12. Cousins
13. Jackson
14. Carr
15. M. Jones
16. Lawrence
17. Ryan
18. Hurts
19. Mayfield
20. Goff
21. Tannehill
22. Wentz
23. Tagovaila
24. Lance
25. Trubisky
26. Winston
27. Mariota
28. Fields
29. Z. Wilson
30. D. Jones
31. Mills
32. G. Smith

Back to you @BrentD - what is your top 12 in order?

Back