Football General Talk

In the first half, especially, Purdy made some big time throws that were exactly where they needed to be. Something a game manager would not be expected to do or be able to do. It’s a shame that he’s the 54th paid Qb in the league and won’t be able to renegotiate his contract for 2 years when his rookie contract is up.
Cousins is a “game manager” and throws a much more accurate ball beyond the 10yd box that Shannan keeps him in. He is a 10-16 level QB. Which by definition means he is going to make some decent throws sometimes. He is on a stacked roster that in a significant part is stacked because he is cheap. So he will be OK for the next 2 seasons, but when his new salary hits he won’t even be remembered. Remember when we all loved Flacco?

No kidding. If not for a stupid special teams play on that punt and a missed extra point, Mr. Irrelevant wins the super bowl. Two plays completely changed that game. SF was the better team, Purdy played the better game against a great defense.
No one who knows football is saying Purdy played a better game than Mahomes. But I do agree SF had the stacked roster — making Mahomes all that much better than Purdy.

He is too inconsistent in throws more than 10yds beyond line of scrimmage and struggles too much with “second wave” rushers to be elite. 15 QBs can do what he does - and at $1M a year he can lead really good teams. But when he is $40+M and 9ers have to make roster cuts to pay for that, he won’t sniff a Super Bowl.

It will be interesting how the 49's proceed with him. He is a very competent but not great qb. One thing needed to be great is arm strength. He is lacking some there. He seems plenty poised to me. They tried to get their franchise qb with Trey Lance. That did not pan out. You could fault their drafting acumen when trading up to get their qb, and missing on it.

If they pay him the going rate for QB's they will be a in similar situation as the Vikings have been with Cousins.

Last edited:
Yes you did and still are. It was a point about a single player, which is why it is valid
Your counter is only valid at a team level.

my god I can't believe I'm defending buzz. I might need an emergency intervention
Stop drop and roll . . .

Cousins is a “game manager” and throws a much more accurate ball beyond the 10yd box that Shannan keeps him in. He is a 10-16 level QB. Which by definition means he is going to make some decent throws sometimes. He is on a stacked roster that in a significant part is stacked because he is cheap. So he will be OK for the next 2 seasons, but when his new salary hits he won’t even be remembered. Remember when we all loved Flacco?
I'm not really going to agree with you but more interesting I think is what if he decides to go the Tom Brady model in contracts? He's the kind of guy that might do that.

One could extend that to those who love Purdy and hate Hurts and Mahomes.
I can't understand all of this nonsense talk about Purdy and quite frankly Its the most annoying conversation in sports media anymore. He's not this, he ain't that, he's a mid level guy, he has a stacked team blah blah blah.

You wanna sit there and tell me that Hurts doesn't have a stacked team, Lamar doesn't have stacked team, Burrow doesn't have a stacked team, Dak, Allen, Tua.... whatever open your eyes and watch the tape. The kid led the league in EVERY category across the board. He had a bad game against the Ravens and then everyone in the world criticizes the kid like he's some deflated piece of shit. He beat 49ers franchise records, set by arguably 2 of the best to ever do it. Brought the team back from extinction in the playoffs, played a solid super bowl and in the end came up short. Your take is fkn garbage, he didn't lose the game. A fumble, a muffed point, missed PAT and penalties killed em. All made ..... by the stacked players around him. The kid carries himself with heart and class and I'll bet they'll be back sooner than your sorry ass team.

So yeah vikingsboy fk your take.

But the goal is to put the “win on him”, which he failed to do.
Like he can control a kicker, the defense, or coaching decisions?

I guess he could play both sides of the ball, do the kicking, be the defensive coordinator, etc. You'd probably still find something wrong.

As pointed out by @EYJONAS! you may want to read some stats...

Cousins has only had 5 winning seasons as a regular starter. 3 of those were 8-7 and only season with 13 wins. Cousins has never been to a Super Bowl. Cousins makes 33 million a year. Brock Purdy is 21-6 as a starter and has been to 2 super bowls in 2 years. Barring serious injury, Brock Purdue is gonna get paid.

I can't understand all of this nonsense talk about Purdy and quite frankly Its the most annoying conversation in sports media anymore. He's not this, he ain't that, he's a mid level guy, he has a stacked team blah blah blah.

You wanna sit there and tell me that Hurts doesn't have a stacked team, Lamar doesn't have stacked team, Burrow doesn't have a stacked team, Dak, Allen, Tua.... whatever open your eyes and watch the tape. The kid led the league in EVERY category across the board. He had a bad game against the Ravens and then everyone in the world criticizes the kid like he's some deflated piece of shit. He beat 49ers franchise records, set by arguably 2 of the best to ever do it. Brought the team back from extinction in the playoffs, played a solid super bowl and in the end came up short. Your take is fkn garbage, he didn't lose the game. A fumble, a muffed point, missed PAT and penalties killed em. All made ..... by the stacked players around him. The kid carries himself with heart and class and I'll bet they'll be back sooner than your sorry ass team.

So yeah vikingsboy fk your take.
Another big thing, he's a humble guy, blue collar QB about 180 degrees from Taylors boyfriend and cry baby, it's always about me, Mahomes.

Dude I was like what in the absolute hell is going on here? Watching live...missed protection, brain fart, Purdy make the wrong call on the protection? Has anyone heard and explanation?
I doubt we will ever know. After the game purdy said the loss was on him but we all know that can only be partially true.
It's football shit is going to happen and somtimes it takes luck or good ol happenstance to beat a good opponent.
My best guess is the o line screwed up. The cheifs used the o lines rules to get the advantage. The cheifs deserve credit Spags had them in position and Jones made the play.

Cousins has only had 5 winning seasons as a regular starter. 3 of those were 8-7 and only season with 13 wins. Cousins has never been to a Super Bowl. Cousins makes 33 million a year. Brock Purdy is 21-6 as a starter and has been to 2 super bowls in 2 years. Barring serious injury, Brock Purdue is gonna get paid.
2 Super Bowls? Really.

I agree he is gonna get paid and that payday will hold back his teams.

Cousins was on Vikings teams built to run at 9-7 and sniff wildcards - which he did. 9ers last two years have had arguably the most complete rosters in the NFL

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back