Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Football General Talk

I can't understand all of this nonsense talk about Purdy and quite frankly Its the most annoying conversation in sports media anymore. He's not this, he ain't that, he's a mid level guy, he has a stacked team blah blah blah.

You wanna sit there and tell me that Hurts doesn't have a stacked team, Lamar doesn't have stacked team, Burrow doesn't have a stacked team, Dak, Allen, Tua.... whatever open your eyes and watch the tape. The kid led the league in EVERY category across the board. He had a bad game against the Ravens and then everyone in the world criticizes the kid like he's some deflated piece of shit. He beat 49ers franchise records, set by arguably 2 of the best to ever do it. Brought the team back from extinction in the playoffs, played a solid super bowl and in the end came up short. Your take is fkn garbage, he didn't lose the game. A fumble, a muffed point, missed PAT and penalties killed em. All made ..... by the stacked players around him. The kid carries himself with heart and class and I'll bet they'll be back sooner than your sorry ass team.

So yeah vikingsboy fk your take.
People internet hating Purby should be studied. I watched every one of his nfl snaps. He doesn't suck!
He has done everything the right way
yet people won't give him respect. He wasn't great last night, he has been better but he's young and was playing in a Superbowl. He didnt choke he did enough to win.
Should we get rid of him because he isn't mahomes? $#@% No. The 49ers have two years to figure out if he's worth the big contract. I think he will be

Last edited:
2 Super Bowls? Really.

I agree he is gonna get paid and that payday will hold back his teams.

Cousins was on Vikings teams built to run at 9-7 and sniff wildcards - which he did. 9ers last two years have had arguably the most complete rosters in the NFL
My bad, I thought they made it to the Super Bowl last year.

Kirk cousins has a 1-4 playoff record in his career. Comparing cousins and Purdy after their first 2 seasons is even worse. What Purdy has done as the last pick in the 2022 draft is incomparable to any Qb that I can think of.

No doubt that overpaying for a quarterback limits what you can do elsewhere. Look at Rodgers last contract with the packers.

Last edited:
Cousins was on Vikings teams built to run at 9-7 and sniff wildcards - which he did. 9ers last two years have had arguably the most complete rosters in the NFL With Purdy they were made to compete for championships - which they did.
Fify
You forgot to finish the statement

I can't understand all of this nonsense talk about Purdy and quite frankly Its the most annoying conversation in sports media anymore. He's not this, he ain't that, he's a mid level guy, he has a stacked team blah blah blah.

You wanna sit there and tell me that Hurts doesn't have a stacked team, Lamar doesn't have stacked team, Burrow doesn't have a stacked team, Dak, Allen, Tua.... whatever open your eyes and watch the tape. The kid led the league in EVERY category across the board. He had a bad game against the Ravens and then everyone in the world criticizes the kid like he's some deflated piece of shit. He beat 49ers franchise records, set by arguably 2 of the best to ever do it. Brought the team back from extinction in the playoffs, played a solid super bowl and in the end came up short. Your take is fkn garbage, he didn't lose the game. A fumble, a muffed point, missed PAT and penalties killed em. All made ..... by the stacked players around him. The kid carries himself with heart and class and I'll bet they'll be back sooner than your sorry ass team.

So yeah vikingsboy fk your take.
At least he acknowledge he miss 2 open TD passes and did exactly what the scouts said he does against secondary pressure and did not sufficiently adapt.

I suggest none of us use the Vikings as the bar of Super Bowl excellence.

And those 2 with franchise records surpassed have rings - which he doesn’t.

But the goal is to put the “win on him”, which he failed to do.
Sports talk guys this morning saying it felt like in the 2nd half, Shanahan went away from CMC to have Purdy throw for the win. Plus SF's decision to receive the ball first in OT also wasn't the best decision.

Didn't help Purdy that Deebo tweaked the hammy, but he had a lot more offensive weapons than Mahomes. Purdy is young and this was a good learning experience which should make him better.

Jones was great, but don't forget Bosa was flying around out there like he was wearing a jet pack, so Mahomes had to overcome that.

Cousins has only had 5 winning seasons as a regular starter. 3 of those were 8-7 and only season with 13 wins. Cousins has never been to a Super Bowl. Cousins makes 33 million a year. Brock Purdy is 21-6 as a starter and has been to 2 super bowls in 2 years. Barring serious injury, Brock Purdue is gonna get paid.
He will get paid - I agree. But he is no upgrade over Alex Smith and they dumped him to the curb (as did KC). He will be Super Bowl MVP after he gets paid - I don’t buy it.

Another big thing, he's a humble guy, blue collar QB about 180 degrees from Taylors boyfriend and cry baby, it's always about me, Mahomes.
Did you pick that up from a Google search?

>>>During a recent interview with NFL insider Peter King for his Football Morning in America column, Niners head coach Kyle Shanahan opened up a little bit about the uncanny confidence that Brock Purdy has in his abilities, calling him “borderline cocky” despite also being “so humble.”<<<

You gonna still love Purdy when he starts dating Cardi B?
I’ll have to Google Cardi B. Not 100% who she is.
He will get paid - I agree. But he is no upgrade over Alex Smith and they dumped him to the curb (as did KC). He will be Super Bowl MVP after he gets paid - I don’t buy it.
Mahomes gave credit to Alex smith in an interview saying the culture that him and Andy Reid built before he arrived deserves credit for the win. They texted back and forth after the win.

blue collar QB about 180 degrees from Taylors boyfriend and cry baby, it's always about me, Mahomes.

Definitely agree here- he is an easy guy to like with a super cool story. Wouldn’t bother me at all to see him turn into a stud, I just don’t see it yet.

Who knows. Their window is still open, although I do wonder how long CMC can last running like he does- that guy is an animal.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back