NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Football General Talk

For any who didn't watch Coach Carroll's conference, it's worth the time. He shows the passion behind his role. His sadness, his team unity (the entire Seahawks establishment), finding and molding greatness...

He essentially spelled out the passion behind life.

His conference is worth the listen/watch.

BrentD doesn't know anything about football except that the Vikings wear purple uniforms. mtmuley
@BrentD brings an optimism and joy to what is a game - I find it refreshing even though I am often the one he is reminding of this. . He also admits when he doesn’t know something, rarely attacks others, and often expresses himself more fully than in single grumpy sentences that imply those who disagree should just shut up. I find his approach much more valuable than some frequent posters who seem committed to the opposite approach.

GMs get a bunch. mtmuley

I think it was this part of his job with the Patriots that just ended his tenure with the Patriots. The roster is a total mess.

You don't win 3 games in a season, with a "great" coach for no reason.

I think it was this part of his job with the Patriots that just ended his tenure with the Patriots. The roster is a total mess.

You don't win 3 games in a season, with a "great" coach for no reason.
Yup - he was both a world class game day coach, and a below average general manager. In the vernacular of his mentor Parcels, maybe he should have let others do the shopping for him and have focused on cooking dinner.

When the Cowboys lose you can harrass me with reckless abandon. mtmuley
You are on! But they might not. In the meantime, I'm not finding a whole lot to root for other than let's see some quality games. I probably need to replenish my beer supply.

Another perk of being a Vikings fan...is your'e a free agent in the playoffs.

I'm happy for the Lions, they've waited a long time. I don't think they will go real far , but I'll pull for them.

To me, the real wild card is how dangerous will the Browns be. Their defense is plenty good enough. Flacco, well we are about to find out.

And if they make the playoffs, you're usually only committed to cheering them on for Wild Card Weekend. Then become a free agent.

I'm happy for the Lions, they've waited a long time. I don't think they will go real far , but I'll pull for them.

To me, the real wild card is how dangerous will the Browns be. Their defense is plenty good enough. Flacco, well we are about to find out.

Never thought about my free-agency in this. Damn? I'm taking offers.

I can like the Pack and the Lions well enough. I don't think they will get far, probably not beyond the first round.

I think Flacco won a SB once. I suspect he could do it again and that would be cool.

But I think I'll take the 9ers. Although I could not have named him when he was "our" qb as a college player, I think he might be an alright guy. About the polar opposite of a drama queen like Rodgers, for instance. So, I'll take the 9ers for now, unless someone makes me a better offer. :)

Never thought about my free-agency in this. Damn? I'm taking offers.

I can like the Pack and the Lions well enough. I don't think they will get far, probably not beyond the first round.

I think Flacco won a SB once. I suspect he could do it again and that would be cool.

But I think I'll take the 9ers. Although I could not have named him when he was "our" qb as a college player, I think he might be an alright guy. About the polar opposite of a drama queen like Rodgers, for instance. So, I'll take the 9ers for now, unless someone makes me a better offer. :)
Root for the packers this weekend and I'll root for the Cyclones to beat Iowa next fall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otto247
Back