Football General Talk

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned already, but that Philly QB sneak was impressive. I don’t think I’ve ever seen an offensive line get so low and it helps to have a QB that can squat a dump truck.
If they used guard sized players for receivers and running backs & perfect that to 3.3 yards per scrum . . .

Timing of the call is the point here. I can find probably 15 plays where Sneed held a WR and no flag. Probably find 10 plays where bradberry held a WR and no flag. It was ticky tack bullshit of a call. That could of been called 30 times over throughout the game.

And yea up 3 with over 2 minutes to go. Not up 3 with 11 seconds to go. No difference at all.
He was warned about his holding earlier but kept doing it. Apparently.

Timing of the call is the point here. I can find probably 15 plays where Sneed held a WR and no flag. Probably find 10 plays where bradberry held a WR and no flag. It was ticky tack bullshit of a call. That could of been called 30 times over throughout the game.

And yea up 3 with over 2 minutes to go. Not up 3 with 11 seconds to go. No difference at all.
Hilljack,

That is a split second call by the stripes. The ref in the backfield saw the noted "admitted" holding. To flame a ref call that was in fact a legit call, then blame the refs for not calling others, is, IMO, horsecrap. as Bradberry stated himself, "I pulled on his jersey. They called it, I was hoping they would let it ride."

He got caught. Nature of the game, some you get away with, others you get caught.

Unless you're claiming malicious intent by a ref to skew a superbowl game and an operative of the Chiefs, it was a legit ref call.

This was a good write up - and I agree:

"It is notable Bradberry admitted to the flag, which figures to take some of the wind out of the storyline.

Still, it overshadowed one of the more memorable Super Bowls in recent history with two excellent performances from the two quarterbacks. Hurts was incredible in his first ever Super Bowl and Mahomes added to a legacy that is already Hall of Fame worthy at just 27 years old.

He now has two Lombardi Trophies in three Super Bowl appearances to go with two league MVPs and is nowhere near slowing down.

This latest championship came with a little help from the officials, but even the defender who committed the penalty admitted to the infraction."

Hilljack,

That is a split second call by the stripes. The ref in the backfield saw the noted "admitted" holding. To flame a ref call that was in fact a legit call, then blame the refs for not calling others, is, IMO, horsecrap. as Bradberry stated himself, "I pulled on his jersey. They called it, I was hoping they would let it ride."

He got caught. Nature of the game, some you get away with, others you get caught.

Unless you're claiming malicious intent by a ref to skew a superbowl game and an operative of the Chiefs, it was a legit ref call.

This was a good write up - and I agree:

"It is notable Bradberry admitted to the flag, which figures to take some of the wind out of the storyline.

Still, it overshadowed one of the more memorable Super Bowls in recent history with two excellent performances from the two quarterbacks. Hurts was incredible in his first ever Super Bowl and Mahomes added to a legacy that is already Hall of Fame worthy at just 27 years old.

He now has two Lombardi Trophies in three Super Bowl appearances to go with two league MVPs and is nowhere near slowing down.

This latest championship came with a little help from the officials, but even the defender who committed the penalty admitted to the infraction."
Used to coach high school soccer. HATED playoffs, when all of a sudden they were "letting them play." What was a foul all season suddenly was ignored.

I was happy to see a ref with the balls to make a call late. Too many times we watch refs swallow whistles because they don't want to impact the game. If the player commits an infraction and the call that would have been made in the first quarter isn't made late, that ref has certainly impacted the game - just isn't being cursed in the headlines.

Aaaand...this is much like blaming the player who missed the last-second free throw. Who else missed shots in the previous 40 minutes or so? Philly had chances to not be down by three (or eight, or whatever), so to blame the loss on a call that was legit is just so much schtuff.

David
NM

It seems to me that if it's a super critical, game-changing, 3rd and long, as a defender, I would be damn sure not to foul and gift the other side a first down. Pretty simple really.

That foul may not have been egregious, but it cost the receiver at least a half a step accelerating and the chance to get free of the corner.

It seems to me that if it's a super critical, game-changing, 3rd and long, as a defender, I would be damn sure not to foul and gift the other side a first down. Pretty simple really.

That foul may not have been egregious, but it cost the receiver at least a half a step accelerating and the chance to get free of the corner.
Or take the Bill B approach - have your db's hold on every play and dare the officials to throw 500 flags in a game. It got him 6 Super Bowl rings, so there is that.

• Haha
Reactions: Hem
Hurts is the real deal....he wins wherever he plays and stays pretty darned classy doing it. Sirianni is ok w/ me...& I'm not a Philly fan.

Notwithstanding some childish behavior on the Eagles' sideline, I thought the sportsmanship on the field was exemplary, especially for such a high pressure game. Admitting to the "questionable" holding offense post mortem was icing on the cake. I think both teams deserve a tip of the hat for showing America how it's done properly. One of the more memorable Super Bowls. Yeah, the crappy weird field conditions added an unexpected dimension but football is often played in crappy field conditions, especially in Green Bay and Minneapolis. Didn't give anyone an unfair advantage because no one expected it. Oh well. Deal with it and play. Which is what they did. However, I think a certain groundskeeper will be looking for work soon. Lucky if he can land a new job changing sprinklers at a golf course.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back