Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Football General Talk

Like you could hear the whole stadium yelling doubs doubs doubs omg throw it to doubs already and then he didnt....end of season right there. Stadium lost hope in the old blind man

That certainly was a phenomenal cap on a weekend of football.

The Lions played some intense physical football. I think you could see on Rogers face, he knows it's over.

While he knows it's over, Packers fans will only realize later how rare it is to have back to back hall of fame quarterbacks. They should have gotten more done over that span. Perhaps they will now enter a generational drought, searching for their next great quarterback.

I see three teams in the AFC better than anyone in the NFC. I think the 49's are likely the best the NFC has to offer. It would be nice to say the Vikings, but that goes back to the old saying. Fool me once shamed on you... fool me twice shame on me.

While he knows it's over, Packers fans will only realize later how rare it is to have back to back hall of fame quarterbacks. They should have gotten more done over that span. Perhaps they will now enter a generational drought, searching for their next great quarterback.
The new bar was raised by Brady for grey haired quality QB's though I believe even Brady's on his last year or two, IMO. The aged, active QB's (Rogers) who once held fame have reached their AARP notice. Aside from that, Joe Cool is the forever GOAT.

As a Packer fan I hope the Rodgers era is over, but I suspect it is not yet. It may not be in GB but I’d be surprised if he retires.

This isn’t some normal guy who is looking forward to spending time with his kids post-football, not sure what else he really has in his life when it’s all said and done.

Last edited:
I know, exactly. If a guy was honestly done and looking forward to retirement, that’s usually not what happens.

As a Packer fan I hope the Rodgers era is over, but I suspect it is not yet. It may not be in GB but I’d be surprised if he retires.

This isn’t some normal guy who is looking forward to spending time with his kids post-football, not sure what else he really has in his life when it’s all said and done.

Agreed, he really seems to have a lonely life off the field if you believe the tabloid stories, so I doubt he's done for sure. He looks like he's lost the magic on the field though, instead of an intense competitor he just looks more like a grumpy old dude out there who'd rather be somewhere else half the time. It's like watching the end of Peyton Manning's career-lots of picks, short passes, slower feet-but Peyton did it with grace and good temperament and still managed to scratch out a SB win here in Denver. As a Packers fan, I'd say it's time to move on...

As a Packers fan, I was really was hoping they either parted ways with Rodgers before this season or traded Love away and got some good value. To me, I saw the start of the season as being locked into and commuting to one or the other. At that time, Love had 2 years left on his rookie deal and those two years would have been a great trade value for any team looking for a QB, of which there were many last year. Love will not be a Packer if he doesn't play next year and leave the Packers as a UFA where the Packers get zero in return. From a paper perspective, it seemed obvious to me that you see what the hell you got in Love by playing him for 2 years with that young receiving corp. Actually if they moved on from Rodgers they could have paid the big money to Adams instead. Instead the big restructured Rodgers contract that gave him what, another 3 years or something like that happened, Adams left for the lovely Raiders (where all good Packers receivers go to die) and Love is a bench warmer probably just chomping at the bit waiting for this rookie deal to be over with so he can head for greener pastures.

I agree with everything you said. I feel the reason it did not happen is that it was more of a risk for the Packers organization from a business sense than just riding ARod for as long as they could.

That’s not a recipe for winning the Super Bowl, but the bottom line sure looks good. Mark Murphy (President) and the board has focused too heavily on that and it has cost the Packers meaningful wins IMO.

Love looked pretty darn good, what little we saw of him. But I think Rodgers comes back.

What does Detroit do? Stick with Goff?

yup, stick with Goff and get the next QB you want to have in 2-4 years going behind him. He knows how to win from his Rams days and while certainly isn't a Hall of Famer, he is still a solid QB that knows how to play the game at a high level and can teach the next guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newhunter2
Back