Football General Talk

Crazy…reminded me of the 1990 Loyola Marymount game where Hank Gathers collapsed after his dunk. They were playing Portland in the West Coast tourney for a play-in to the NCAA. He just slowed down and dropped, right in front of Erik Spoelstta the Miami Heat coach who was the point guard for Portland (then). Marfan syndrome, just never know.

The NFL said the game would not be resumed this week. Both teams play their last game Sunday, so it sounds like they won’t finish it. The Bills and Chiefs are tied for the best record in the AFC. I wonder how they will sort that out? Home field advantage for the AFC title game is a big deal.

In truth, he has no idea what caused the injury; he hasn't examined the patient. Young athletes are suffering cardiac injuries at an alarming rate.

Of course he has some idea of what happened. There's high quality video of the mechanism of injury. If only you knew the number of patient reports that begin with, "Patient was found down for an unknown amount of time...." While it's unfortunate for all involved, this will be a teaching point in resuscitation classes for some time to come.

QQ

Big D @ the Commanders is the very definition of a trap game for America’s Team. Would not surprise me one bit to see them trip over their junk. Hope not.

Back