Football General Talk

Rick Leach...one of a kind

...a story from Lincoln Riley about a phone conversation he overheard.
1670937009541.png

Looking

Ok, ok, maybe I do need help.

View attachment 255196
Real help. Again, just numbers. And fairly close at that except for hits, which can be expected for their respective positions. Parsons is the most complete defensive player in the NFL. Let's see Bosa drop back in coverage Jesus. Now, go back to your weird need to diminish anything not 49er. mtmuley

Real help. Again, just numbers. And fairly close at that except for hits, which can be expected for their respective positions. Parsons is the most complete defensive player in the NFL. Let's see Bosa drop back in coverage Jesus. Now, go back to your weird need to diminish anything not 49er. mtmuley
RDT_20221212_1238238034640859994292948.jpg

Seriously though pass rush is definitely more valuable to a defense than Lb coverage. Both guys are at the bottom of the stat sheets for pass defend and coverage.
I have to point out that there's atleast 15 20 linebackers, 30 safeties and like 50 dbs in the nfl that are better in coverage than either guy.
That said with an equal number of games played right now the numbers don't lie

Parsons..........N Bosa
Sacks. 12...................15.5

Sack 80....................114
Loss yds

Qb
Hits. 22.....................40

Tackle 13......................16
for loss.

If you were an opposing Qb who would you want to go against?

I just checked where and when the NFL games could be viewed today 😡 NFL network. I don’t like it or watch that much to have the network. Just a cold lazy day and I thought I’d watch some.
F…..them.

Back