Yeti GOBOX Collection

Fishing Success

waterboy

My Dad came up to visit so we did a Father's Day halibut trip out of Seward. Caught a few nice ones with the largest being 132lb with the two other large ones weighing 66 and 63 lb. The next day Dad and I fished the Russian River and caught our limit of red salmon. It was great to see Dad again and spend a little quality time with him fishing.

Attachments

• s Trip 049.jpg
    s Trip 049.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 224
  • s Trip 056.jpg
    s Trip 056.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 226
  • s Trip 060.jpg
    s Trip 060.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 229
That Halibut look mighty tasty! MMMMMMM! How much did the big one weigh? I would really like to get my dad up to alaske for some fishing before he can no longer do it. Im running out of time.

Those are some beautiful fish, thanks for sharing the trek with your dad and us... :D

Looks like the weather/water couldn't have been better for you on the halibut trip. Nice stringer of reds to boot!

Damn those some big pics. look like you need to take care of some nose hairs. :eek: thats what happens with big pics you can see everything.

waterboy, we will be headed to seward in mid july for some halibut fishing, can you reccomend any good guides or charters that would put us onto some good fish with reasonable cost? thanks in advance..

Sako7mm

I used Quardeck Charters for the halibut trip. They went out of their way to accomodate us. They are a smaller operation that I would recommend, another is Crackerjack as a bigger operation. Good Luck.

Another to contact is Otter Sea Charters. He's another small volume charter we've gone out with for the last 5 years. He even re-married my wife and I on his boat on our 25th anniversary. Not like we needed to do that again. :)
His name is Steve and his phone numbers are: 907.245.1579 or 866.245.1579
Great guy who works hard for his clients. If you tell him you got his number from me he'll add 10%, not bad. If you do call Steve tell him you did get hios number from Ken in the 3 piece suit and knee high rubber boots though.

Ken

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back