Fishing Lakes in the Beaverhead Range

jryoung

I'm headed to scout some hunting areas next month and I know there are plenty of lakes in the Beaverhead Range. I'm not much of a fisherman, but like to when it's convenient. I have a light backpacking set up with a small casting reel and a selection of Panther Martin spinners.

Would this be a good choice for fishing the shoreline in mid/late August? Or would I be better off just casting in some bait (power or worm or other)?

I'm headed to scout some hunting areas next month and I know there are plenty of lakes in the Beaverhead Range. I'm not much of a fisherman, but like to when it's convenient. I have a light backpacking set up with a small casting reel and a selection of Panther Martin spinners.

Would this be a good choice for fishing the shoreline in mid/late August? Or would I be better off just casting in some bait (power or worm or other)?

Those high mountain lakes have certain hatches that take place a lot later than our lower rivers. I'd also take a float with some flies.

Bait is for old men and little girls. ;) I'd take some flies along like SS suggested and work different Panthers to make the time go by quickly.

Good luck!

Back