Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Fishin' in Tennessee

Curly

My wife and I flew back to Nashville to visit her sister. (Her sister has brain cancer.)

My brother-in-law took me out fishing a few times while we were there. There sure is a lot of nice reservoirs (and cheap housing prices).

Anyway, I caught my first:

1) spotted bass
2) white bass
3) sauger
4) blue catfish
5) flathead catfish

And I caught some nice smallies. We didn't get into the stripers like we had hoped, but it was good to get away for a week.

Here are some pics of a flathead catfish.

Attachments

• catfish-side-view2.jpg
    catfish-side-view2.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 100
  • catfish-front-view.jpg
    catfish-front-view.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 103
  • catfish-mouth.jpg
    catfish-mouth.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 102
DUDE..... I had a Girlfriend in College that.... Uhhh nevermind ;)

Awesome pictures and sounds like you made it out doing quiet a bit of fishing . Sorry to hear about your Sister-in-law.

Thanks Moosie and Ashersdad; my sister in law is doing okay. She lost most of her hair and is a size 0 from all the chemo. But she has a positive outlook.

You should have seen the one that got away. (I should have seen it too.) I'd bet it was over 30 pounds, but I don't know much about catfish......so I'm not sure about the size; I just know that it was huge.

I fought one fish for about 20 minutes until the line finally broke. It would dive down toward the bottom and then I'd make headway on it until I'd get it up close to the boat and it would go directly under the boat and just hold its position about 3 feet under the boat for several minutes.

It would just sit under the boat and I was unable to budge it out from under the boat. It seemed like it was just resting under the boat until it could gain enough strenght to surge toward the bottom again. This pattern happened a few times until the line became too weak and broke.

It was the strangest thing. I've never had (or heard of) a fish just hanging out under the boat like that; not going up or down or to the side for several minutes. I had a float on about 6' above my bait and I was able to get the float up to the rod tip and take the float off, but I could never see the fish because it stayed directly under the boat.

Back