Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

First Wyoming Antelope!

Flatrock

Well here's a picture of my first antelope from Wyoming. We were hunting in our second choice unit the last 3 days of the season. Not the biggest buck but now I will have a benchmark to beat next time! Didn't hardly see another hunter although I think by the end of the season, a lot of the nicer bucks had been shot. The biggest one we saw was on private and he would never come off of it. Also saw 9 elk including 4 bulls. Two bulls we saw about 30 minutes after dark and couldn't get a good picture but one was a very nice 6x6.

I also used my modified Leupold scope with the new CDS dial on it. It worked awesome! Ranged him at 320, dialed in the CDS and boom, perfect.

Attachments

• SAM_00301 - Copy2.jpg
    SAM_00301 - Copy2.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 491
  • SAM_0024 - Copy.jpg
    SAM_0024 - Copy.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 437
Nothing wrong with that antelope. Congrats. I'm sure that will be the first of many from Wyoming.

Don't know what you're talking about when you say you think the nicer ones had been shot as that is a darn nice goat with a beautiful curl and great cutters that are up pretty high! Good going man!!!

Congrats on a great looking antelope! I'm still just dreaming about the day I get my first antelope. Did you put the CDS on an older Leupold? Asking because I've got a VX II I've been thinking of putting a CDS on, I know they work great on VX III's.

Congrats on a great looking antelope! I'm still just dreaming about the day I get my first antelope. Did you put the CDS on an older Leupold? Asking because I've got a VX II I've been thinking of putting a CDS on, I know they work great on VX III's.

Yes it was an older scope, a VXII, 3-9x40. Im sure it would work just fine on yours too.

Nice antelope. How about some more details? How far away did you spot him? Were you able to stalk closer? I am planning my first antelope hunt in many years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back