First Whitetail

BillyGoat

On Saturday I got my first Idaho deer and first whitetail still hunting closed-off old forest roads. He was up high on a ridge several miles in.

wt03.jpg

Spitz, this is a little buck compared to yours. Those are nice. Did you do the euro mounts yourself? Thanks for the tips btw.

I didn't do those by myself, but have been doing my more recent animals. No prob on the tips, I was hoping to get over there this season but they sold out of non-res whitey tags. I didn't think that had been happening, but got a couple extra bucks on a damage hunt here in MT anyway so my freezer is full.

Where were the whiteys of that size when I shot my first buck. Great job BG.

I plan to do the ID whitetail thing next year. Hope luck shines on me and I get one like that to show for my efforts.

Thanks guys.

I plan to do the ID whitetail thing next year. Hope luck shines on me and I get one like that to show for my efforts.
BF, I'll trade you straight up - this buck for your MT buck from this year... :D

Welcome to Idaho's hunting. That's a good WT. Maybe if you shoot more of them, there will be room for the mule deer. Probably not, but it's worth hoping.

Back