First time Idaho hunt!

Ryan89

I'm going hunting out west to Idaho for the first time in early October. I am hunting in zone 16a, selway zone. Just wondering if anyone has hunted this before and where is a good starting point.I am bringing a 4wheeler and planning on driving to a trailhead and hiking in. I will be hunting mule deer and elk. Any feedback on this zone is greatly appreciated.

Welcome. I'd say yes people have hunted and good starting point is Idaho Fish and Game online mapping program to look at your unit.

I havent been in that area but I believe some of it is under the non motorized rule so make sure where you plan to hunt you can use your atv

I havent been in that area but I believe some of it is under the non motorized rule so make sure where you plan to hunt you can use your atv

the vast majority of the zone is wilderness. The particular unit he mentioned doesn’t have as much wilderness, it just doesn’t have many roads.

the vast majority of the zone is wilderness. The particular unit he mentioned doesn’t have as much wilderness, it just doesn’t have many roads.
wasnt sure I really just know the places I go and the unit I go has some non motorized areas and some are not I go into the non motorized areas due to less folks in their

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back