First duck hunt in Idaho

wolverine207

My neighbor stopped by last Friday and asked me to go on a guided duck hunt on the Snake river the next morning. I thought I would never pay to go duck hunting but since I have not gone on two years and my deks are still above my garage I said yes. Plus $150 did not seem like a bad price. Our guide pick us up a little late because of a frozen gas line. So we got into our blind about 8 am and by 11 am we had our four person limit of mallards. It was a great time. We had mostly flocks of 2 to 6 duck at a time but one time we had between 50 and 100 ducks in our deks and in the air circling at once. Now that I saw how to hunt the snake. A boat might be on the menu next year.

Wolverine.. It's Illegal to Guide for Waterfoul in Idaho. I'm guessing it was a Oregon Outfitter ? Kudos on the hunt though, Any pictures ?

Moosie the guide was from Oregon. I forgot my camera but the guide took some pictures. When he emails them to me I will post them. I might have to try the Boise river this weekend. My German short hair got tangled in some barbed wire last weekend and got ten stitches, so he is done for a couple of weeks. So a switch from upland to waterfowl is in order.

Might I ask what area of the snake you were hunting? Jet boat or Prop?

I hunted the Snake from Weiser down to the Big Bend below Parma and the Jet boat was the only way to go. I think a 17 to 18 foot flat bottom river boat with at least a 50 hp jet pump and you can go just about anywhere you would want to on the river. I loved it. But now.....well I'm stuck here in Arkansas in the delta country and it just isn't the same I'm afraid.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flight343
Back