First duck hunt in Idaho

wolverine207

My neighbor stopped by last Friday and asked me to go on a guided duck hunt on the Snake river the next morning. I thought I would never pay to go duck hunting but since I have not gone on two years and my deks are still above my garage I said yes. Plus $150 did not seem like a bad price. Our guide pick us up a little late because of a frozen gas line. So we got into our blind about 8 am and by 11 am we had our four person limit of mallards. It was a great time. We had mostly flocks of 2 to 6 duck at a time but one time we had between 50 and 100 ducks in our deks and in the air circling at once. Now that I saw how to hunt the snake. A boat might be on the menu next year.

Wolverine.. It's Illegal to Guide for Waterfoul in Idaho. I'm guessing it was a Oregon Outfitter ? Kudos on the hunt though, Any pictures ?

Moosie the guide was from Oregon. I forgot my camera but the guide took some pictures. When he emails them to me I will post them. I might have to try the Boise river this weekend. My German short hair got tangled in some barbed wire last weekend and got ten stitches, so he is done for a couple of weeks. So a switch from upland to waterfowl is in order.

Might I ask what area of the snake you were hunting? Jet boat or Prop?

I hunted the Snake from Weiser down to the Big Bend below Parma and the Jet boat was the only way to go. I think a 17 to 18 foot flat bottom river boat with at least a 50 hp jet pump and you can go just about anywhere you would want to on the river. I loved it. But now.....well I'm stuck here in Arkansas in the delta country and it just isn't the same I'm afraid.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back