Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

First Antelope Hunt!

HowaHunter

Decided I would put in for an Idaho antelope tag and try my luck at finding a nice antelope or a doe for that matter. On the third day of the hunt I was able to get into the antelope. Missed a very nice buck at about 100 yards (thought it was about 250 yards). An hour later and after failed stalks on three other bucks this guy and I walked right to each other and met about 60 yards apart on top of a knob; lucky for me he just stood there and gave me time for the shot. Antelope hunting is very exciting and I can't wait to try and archery hunt for them next year. He is 14" tall so I am tickled that he is my first antelope.

Attachments

• antelope.jpg
    antelope.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 263
Howa,
You set the bar pretty high if you intend to shoot a better one next time you draw! Great goat.
I drew goat tags in units 40,42 & 37 6 times in the first 20 years living here, have not drawn squat for the last 10
WD

Thanks Everyone... It is not a Remington, it happens to be a Winchester (wal mart special). That gun was my first rifle I purchased when I was in my teens; it goes with me on hunts where I have never hunted the species I am targeting. It is lucky sometimes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back