MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

First aid kit

Scott85

I got a small kifaru pull out I want to make into a first aid kit, I also want to keep it under 10 ounces. I was thinking super glue, some 4x4 gauze, alcohol wipes, BC powder, Benadryl, vet wrap, Leukotape, single use neosporin. Any other suggestions?

Attachments

• AF40C9EF-FF73-41E4-ABD3-D42A121E7C76.jpeg
    AF40C9EF-FF73-41E4-ABD3-D42A121E7C76.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 29
Based on my own experience...

Add:
Imodium caps
10 ft duct tape
Needle and 50 ft thread
moleskin
A strong pain killer
A course of antibiotic pills

Remove:
Vet wrap
Leukotape

Add C.A.T tourniquet for trama. I personally carry more, it is not that heavy and if you need it you will be glad to have it. You can do alot with an ACE bandage as well. There has been a few guys doing Youtube videos about hunting med kits.

Definitely have some zip stiches. Check them out, also my first aid kit is more of an emergency kit. I've never had to use it but I keep a small road flare in it, you could signal with it, but mostly for starting a fire they burn in water, if they won't start a fire nothing will.

A list that is mine:
Zip stiches
2 rolls of goze
Super glue
Duct tape around a bic lighter
Small vet wrap
Shock blanket
Flint and steel
Para cord
Travel size gold Bond body powder(I've used this)
Two pack of small road flares.
Some of the single packs of various medications:
Ibuprofen
Aspirin
Allergy
Electrolyte
Smelly salt
Quick clot.
Water purification tabs
Alcohol wipes
Toilet paper
First aid book ( small)

I've also heard of people keeping
Both types of lady hygeine products (they are light and made to absorb blood),
Vaseline, fire starter, extra socks, and all kinds of other stuff.

Knowlage is most important when dealing withAny medical emergency, and the little things just help with comfort.

I always carry a small road flare in my kit as both a emergency fire starter and signal device.

I have to carry an epi pen and backup Benedryl tablets, along with an asthma inhaler.

I would suggest a high quality pair of tweezers.....tick removal and dealing with splinters.

I great fire starter is take a small container, I use a dip can. And coat cotton balls with Vaseline shove them in there. Works for fire starter and if you need Vaseline for chapped ass or dry lips... that stuff burns great. And has a multiple use which saves weight.

Back