First 2012 Set

Antler King

Found this set of Sheds after a local farmer that had also been watching the deer called to let me know that the deer had showed up in the feild without any antlers. The next morning I was at the small 40 acre tract that bordered a creek and was heavily timbered. The deer had been using this patch of timber as his home base since early summer. eventhough it was a small area it still took me over 5 hours to locate the sheds. The sheds Gross score 175 6/8 inches and net just under 170.:) The Set weighs just over 5 pounds.Needless to say I was excited to come down a game trail and find both Antlers. Hopefully this is a sign of a great shed season. I do know the where abouts of 6 other bucks that should be of the same caliber or better. I just have to beat the porcupipines and squirrles.

Attachments

• 2012-02-04 12.28.25.jpg
    2012-02-04 12.28.25.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 925
  • 2012-02-04 12.32.07.jpg
    2012-02-04 12.32.07.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 938
  • 2012-02-04 12.32.47.jpg
    2012-02-04 12.32.47.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 947
Did your dogs help find them or were they just along for the walk?

I keep thinking it would be neat to get an antler dog.

Very nice set of antlers!

Thats a really nice set of sheds. Congrats. What's your experience with finding matched sets? I only managed to find mates if they were big... by big I mean 140+.

Great set of sheds, even if it is a whitey. ;) I am jealous.

What's your experience with finding matched sets? I only managed to find mates if they were big... by big I mean 140+.
That sounds just the opposite of Dinkshooter's experience.

Thats a really nice set of sheds. Congrats. What's your experience with finding matched sets? I only managed to find mates if they were big... by big I mean 140+.

I've picked up matched whitey sheds of all sizes...from very little to big...I have a pile of them, If I get time I'll try to post some pics.

very cool but if you know of 6 bucks that are all booner caliber deer here in MT, you probably have half of the booners in the state in one spot;)

Did your dogs help find them or were they just along for the walk?

I keep thinking it would be neat to get an antler dog.

Very nice set of antlers!

The dogs didn't help find these. Although my Lab found 76 sheds himself last year. The little dog is a Mini Aussie Sheppard that may work out as well if I can figure out how to keep the weeds off of him. I spent 2 hours clipping him and pulling weeds from him when I got home

very cool but if you know of 6 bucks that are all booner caliber deer here in MT, you probably have half of the booners in the state in one spot;)

I haven't seen this many big deer in a long time.I have some video of the deer that I will try and figure out how to post. Pretty sure they will all go over 170 with one maybe in the 190,s Non-Typ. The only problem with these deer is that all of them but 1 are on private property with No Hunting and scattered across the State. Thankfully I have some good friends who keep an eye on them untill they drop. At least they are supposed to call me when they have dropped:rolleyes:

Wow, great set.

I have one buck I've seen twice that I've been losing sleep over all winter. Once this snow melts I'll be going like crazy til I find them. Hopefully it's not one of the one's you're watching ;)

Until the snow melts, I'll keep stealing moose sheds from mtlion.

Until the snow melts, I'll keep stealing moose sheds from mtlion.

I got my eye on you buddy! Take me out in the woods and get stuck all day...

Let me know if you want to go back and look for the match, I'll bring 2 shovels :D

The dogs didn't help find these. Although my Lab found 76 sheds himself last year. The little dog is a Mini Aussie Sheppard that may work out as well if I can figure out how to keep the weeds off of him. I spent 2 hours clipping him and pulling weeds from him when I got home

If you figure out how to do it with out shaving him, let me know. I fight the same thing with Boss Dog everytime we go out.
Very nice find by the way.
B.

Attachments

• boss.jpg
    boss.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 754
I am sure it wont be any difference 'over the pond' except less fences, but i have had success finding shed antlers either side of fences or obstacles, the deer jumps over and the momentum makes the antler fall off, or am i teaching you to suck eggs?
Cheers
Richard

He really does need to learn to get himself unstuck, we usually get a call at least once a year from him for help.

He really does need to learn to get himself unstuck, we usually get a call at least once a year from him for help.

Well at least he has a good support team. If I were you I'd put a tow strap, come-along, and two shovels in his truck...That way you wouldn't feel so bad about not picking up the phone...:hump:

Well at least he has a good support team. If I were you I'd put a tow strap, come-along, and two shovels in his truck...That way you wouldn't feel so bad about not picking up the phone...:hump:

I'm pretty sure that someone did give him a shovel for his truck last time he got stuck, it is in his other truck. ;)

I have one buck I've seen twice that I've been losing sleep over all winter. Once this snow melts I'll be going like crazy til I find them. Hopefully it's not one of the one's you're watching ;)

I can sleep half the time now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back