Finially got hte monkey off my back this season.

DaveHawk

I took a day to hunt in Va last Monday and got the monkey off my back with a shot on a Doe. I watched her come out of the woods with her yearling 150 yards out and pass me with 30 yards and I was not going to shoot her but then I got this wild hair and turned and shot. See the hind leg buck and I knew I got heart. After I found her 50 yards in the field walked up to the top field and saw Mr. Big walking in the field with 7 doe's , unfortunately he saw me 1st. But next year he will be about 160 class. and I will own him LOL. But at least I got did not get skunked this season, for a half hearted effort this season, which if I did it would be only the 2nd season after my 2nd season hunting deer 30 years ago. I butcher the deer up with the land owner looking on and he said what parts are you taking I told him nothing. This is for you. I always give the meat of my 1st deer to the land owner. He was HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY ! as I showed him the way to extract the roasts from the hams and pull the loins out and the fish and neck and shoulders.

My son has taken enough meet to share this year. So I don't feel the pressure to hunt and it allows me more time in the studio.

My friend who owns the farm has been so good to me and my son Jake when he went to school down his way I just liking giving back where I can.

I am 50/50 on heading back down to take the buck , I know where to set up and he is there every evening what I am told. But then I like the idea of seeing him next season too. :}

Back