Finally

Ben Lamb

It's been a busy fall. 60 hour weeks since August, only 2 days in the field. We're getting ready for a massive life change & move on top of working overtime. The dogs are over it. The black one is giving me the side eye because she knows it's bird season and we're not getting out much. The young brown one is ready to go someplace beyond the local trails.

That changes today at 3:30 PM. We're kicked out of our house until Sunday. Realtor demands we vacate so she can show without us being in the way. Clients all said: We can live without you for a day or two. Dogs are demanding time. The wife is even coming out, and she's really excited about the Buck Commander orange hat she'll be required to wear. A little less excited about the possibility of snakes. The truck is loaded and we're waiting on the last call of the week.

We're camping at a Reservior a few hours north of here, and I'm bringing the doubles. Pheasant opens Saturday and we'll spend tonight setting up camp & relaxing. Sharpies on the table for tomorrow, then we'll hit a special little BMA for roosters.

I've been looking forward to this since August. Time to make the donuts.

Have a great time! And will be looking forward to plenty of pics! Dogs & guns 😁

Wish I was there. Be along soon. Leave a few for me. I heard it's supposed to be a good year.

Wish I was there. Be along soon. Leave a few for me. I heard it's supposed to be a good year.

Should be. Rooseter numbers are up, and so are sharpies. Sounds like huns may be less abundant, but that's ok.

Just one last call to get through and we're wheels up.

FeminineLimpingGhostshrimp-small.gif

Good for you Ben. Good luck and enjoy. I am headed to the farm with an antelope tag in my pocket but really grouse on my mind. Guns and dogs are ready and waiting.

Well, things could not have got worse I don't think. Last three years pheasant hunting was brutal. Sharpies considerably better last year but I wouldn't even take a shot at huns ... and the opportunity only presented itself once. I actually shot five daily limits of roosters last year which is still hard to believe. I didn't miss many shots! Over the previous two years I only bagged a daily limit once ... with my ten year-old Lab that was suddenly taken by cancer a year ago last May. Only one double during those three years. Looking forward to some decent hunting for a change.

It's been a busy fall. 60 hour weeks since August, only 2 days in the field. We're getting ready for a massive life change & move on top of working overtime. The dogs are over it. The black one is giving me the side eye because she knows it's bird season and we're not getting out much. The young brown one is ready to go someplace beyond the local trails.

That changes today at 3:30 PM. We're kicked out of our house until Sunday. Realtor demands we vacate so she can show without us being in the way. Clients all said: We can live without you for a day or two. Dogs are demanding time. The wife is even coming out, and she's really excited about the Buck Commander orange hat she'll be required to wear. A little less excited about the possibility of snakes. The truck is loaded and we're waiting on the last call of the week.

We're camping at a Reservior a few hours north of here, and I'm bringing the doubles. Pheasant opens Saturday and we'll spend tonight setting up camp & relaxing. Sharpies on the table for tomorrow, then we'll hit a special little BMA for roosters.

I've been looking forward to this since August. Time to make the donuts.
GOOOOD LUCK!

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back