Finally!

bdidaho

After Cushman shot his Colorado goat earlier this month, I figured I was the only one left on here that hasn't shot an antelope. Thanks John, way to put the pressure on!
Mdunc8 and I had a late hunt planned for central Wyoming. We had never hunted together, had not even met before Thursday but had been e-mailing for the past couple of years so I felt like I was meeting a friend and it turned out to be just that. Since it was an 11 hour drive for me I left Wednesday morning and allowed myself an hour to fish on the way. Mike left late that night and we met up early Thursday and got camp set up and then got out to look over a few bucks. Before long we were in a dry creekbed closing the distance on one, but as what usually happens with me, when we popped up to locate him he was nowhere to be found. We played that game again on another with the same result but as I was standing on the one side of the creekbed trying to find a buck that wasn't there, right behind me were about 20 blind antelope on the other side of the creekbed. I got down, got to the other side and peeked up over the edge and they were still there! Less than 100 yards!! This does not happen to me, I can only attribute this to Mike and his lucky hat. There were several bucks in the group but just when I thought I had the biggest picked out, he would put his head down and another would pick his up and I would think he was the biggest. Then another. I could not get any two with their heads up at the same time. My mind was on overload. I finally said this one would look good in the cabin and shot. He's not size of some on here but he's my first and I am happy with him. After we quartered him , packed him to the truck and got him in the cooler, we were out again and Mike tagged out right at dark. I regret we didn't get a picture of Mike's buck you could photoshop Mike into my picture and you wouldn't know, they were that close.
I had a blast. Caught 7 fish 18" and over and broke 2 off I will choose to believe were larger to start the trip off. Hunted with a friend for the first time and we both tagged out. And had some awesome bear brats for dinner Thursday night. Thnaks for a great hunt and some good memories Mike.

Attachments

• Brownee.jpg
    Brownee.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 775
  • B-2.jpg
    B-2.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 782
  • Antelope.jpg
    Antelope.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 758
Wow! Sounds like one heck of a great trip! Great fish and mdunc & you tagging a couple fantastic prongs!

Great story, Bd! And grats to both of you! Thanks for the pics!

Congrats again on the great buck Bill. He'll look great on the wall. Considering how much fun I had on our hunt, I can't imagine what hunting one of the better units in Wyoming would be like. I'll post a few pictures of my buck when I'm done with the skull in a few days.

Nice work gentlemen! Jealous on may levels.....friendship, Wyoming, trout and bucks.

Here's my goat from our Wyoming trip (along with my Montana goat in the second picture). Can't wait to get back down there.

Attachments

• DSC_1003 (536x800).jpg
    DSC_1003 (536x800).jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 356
  • DSC_1006 (800x536).jpg
    DSC_1006 (800x536).jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 371

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico